Apple Watch Collects High Customer Satisfaction Ratings

Posted: Jul 21 2015, 11:07am CDT | by , Updated: Jul 21 2015, 11:39am CDT, in Apple


This story may contain affiliate links.

Apple Watch Collects High Customer Satisfaction Ratings from Users
Getty Images

A survey involving 1,100 people reveals that the Apple Watch is a favorite among non-techie users.

Apple, the world's most valuable company, will announce its third quarter earnings today. It will be an interesting event because Apple will finally reveal details of its first high-profile product since the iPad. So far, the Apple Watch has been receiving contrasting reviews, both from critics and fans. But today's earning call will answer the question that has been circling our minds: “Is the Apple Watch a success or a failure?”

Apple’s Best Product to Date

A survey, conducted by Wristly, an independent research platform for the Apple Watch, reveals that Apple’s smartwatch has a 97 percent customer satisfaction rating. The research, conducted in a span of six days, from July 14 to 19, involved over a thousand people, from all walks of life—techies, Apple fanatics, journalists, teachers, firefighters, insurance agents and other participants. Out of 1,100 people chosen, over 800 participated in the survey, Wristly said.

Interestingly, the data shows that 66 percent were very satisfied with the Apple Watch while 31 percent are somewhat satisfied (see table). Adding the two categories brings the overall customer satisfaction rating to 97 percent. Only 2 percent were neither satisfied nor dissatisfied with the Apple Watch, and 1 percent was somewhat dissatisfied or unhappy.

Then Wristly compared the Apple Watch’s customer satisfaction rating with Apple’s other products, particularly, the first-generation models of the iPhone and iPad. Borrowing old data from ChangeWave, another research firm, Wristly concluded that the Apple Watch has a higher customer satisfaction rating than the two products.

Another interesting information in the survey is the majority of the participants were not tech-savvy, meaning most of them were everyday users. Specifically, 53 percent of the panel members are average consumers, 34 percent have jobs in the tech industry, and 9 percent are actively involved in building apps for the Apple Watch. This simply means that Apple has achieved its goal of creating a product for the masses.

A Different Beast

A man shows his Apple Watch in Madrid, Spain. (Getty Images)

Apple has unleashed a different beast, forcing companies to rethink how their product or service will work on the Apple Watch. One of them is Facebook. In an interview with the New York Times, Adam Mosseri of Facebook says that the world’s number one social network has not yet figured out how to “deliver a good Facebook experience on the Apple Watch,” which explains why Facebook doesn’t have an app for the wearable.

“I don’t know if we could get it all in there in a way that feels good and works well,” Mosseri tells the newspaper. “You’d just want to get your phone out at that point.” Apple reportedly courted Facebook and other companies to develop applications that will be compatible with the Apple Watch, which has a small screen and is using the iPhone to process the majority of data from apps. Apple is expected to launch an update to the Apple Watch’s software this fall.

Tim Cook shows his personal Apple Watch to customers at an Apple Store. (Getty Images)

Meanwhile, companies like the Weather Channel and Instagram have managed to release compatible versions of their apps. Around 3,000 apps were available upon the release of the device in April. However, only five out of the 20 most popular iPhone apps have versions for the Apple Watch. According to app research firm App Annie, the number of Apple Watch apps has been growing at a slower rate when compared to the iPhone and iPad.

The reason for this is that developers are still struggling to create fully compatible apps that will work well on the Apple Watch. For example, Marco Arment, the creator of the Overcast podcast app, recreated his app from the ground up. Arment had designed a scaled-down version of Overcast from the iPhone app. “This seemed like a sensible adaptation of my iOS app to the Apple Watch. In practice, it sucked,“ he said.

Sources: New York Times, Techpinions,

This story may contain affiliate links.


Find rare products online! Get the free Tracker App now.

Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Pomsies, Oculus Go, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/21" rel="author">Gene Ryan Briones</a>
Gene Ryan Briones (Google+) is a technology journalist with a wide experience in writing about the latest trends in the technology industry, ranging from mobile technology, gadgets and robots, as well as computer hardware and software.




comments powered by Disqus