Prince Died Of Opioid Painkiller Overdose

Posted: Jun 4 2016, 4:43am CDT | by , in News | Latest Science News

Prince Died of Opioid Painkiller Overdose
Getty Images
  • Prince probably died from a Drug Overdose

It is being said that “The Artist known as Prince” probably died from a drug overdose. The police are looking into the matter.

Prince was in constant pain due to a hip ailment during his lifetime. As a musical artist he remained unmatched. He took opiate painkillers for his malady. Now local authorities are saying that he probably died due to an overdose of these opiates.

In his case, it was most likely a drug called fentanyl which is a synthetic opiate. After many weeks of speculative frenzy, finally the investigation has managed to figure out the reason behind the death of the musical genius.

Prince was addicted to the medications for his painful condition. What is not known right now is whether the fentanyl he took was a case of self-medication or due to a prescription by some doctor.

This will need further inquiry. Aside from the fentanyl on which he was hooked for life, Prince was relatively clean. He did not do drugs as other musicians and singers tended to. A toxicology test as a part of the autopsy after his death proves this fentanyl addiction beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Prince was found in an unconscious state in an elevator at his estate last month. Just days before his death, he was looking forward to enrolling in rehab for his opiate addiction.

Yet the intervention proved to be too late a measure to save Prince’s life. Prince was 57 at the time of his death. A copy of the autopsy had been released for public perusal. Yet there is more than meets the eye here. That is why the police are continuing their investigation into the matter.

It is just a single piece of the jigsaw puzzle that has come to light. The whole picture has yet to emerge from the chaos that was left in the wake of Prince’s death.

Fentanyl is a powerful painkiller and it does its job very well in relieving pain. Yet it is also very dangerous when taken on its own without any medical supervision.

Some say it is 50 times more effective than heroin which in itself is a deadly drug. While the report did not mention what quantity of the drug was found in Prince’s blood, it did mention that fentanyl overdosage was responsible for many other deaths in the United States as well.

Sources: NYTimes, NPR

This story may contain affiliate links.


Find rare products online! Get the free Tracker App now.

Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Pomsies, Oculus Go, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/20" rel="author">Sumayah Aamir</a>
Sumayah Aamir (Google+) has deep experience in analyzing the latest trends.




comments powered by Disqus