Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Explodes

Posted: Sep 13 2016, 12:33am CDT | by , Updated: Sep 13 2016, 2:30am CDT , in Technology News


This story may contain affiliate links.

Samaung Galaxy S7 Edge Explodes!!

It seems as if Samsung’s bad days aren’t over yet as another situation concerning one of its smartphones has come to light.

Apparently a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge caught fire while it was in the owner’s pocket which caused him second and third degree burns. The accident arose while Danial Ramirez was at work at a construction site in Ohio.

According to the report the phone which was in his right front pocket started to vibrate, whistle and screech simultaneously. When Daniel tried to remove the phone from his pocket he burned his right hand and then without any warning the phone exploded which causes the pocket to catch on fire which caused Daniel’s boxer shorts and pants to melt and stick to his skin.

The report relays the damage Daniel suffered in the following words "He suffered severe and permanent burn injuries to his groin, legs, and lower back that required a significant skin graft surgery and will necessitate extensive physical therapy moving forward."

The incident happened on 30th May, way before the Galaxy Note 7 was released but we have just learned about it. A product liability lawsuit has been filed against Samsung on this matter.

Samsung is busy ramping up the replacement program for the Galaxy Note 7. The latest news on the Note 7 recall is that customers should power their Note7 off and not use it at all.

This story may contain affiliate links.


Find rare products online! Get the free Tracker App now.

Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Pomsies, Oculus Go, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/32" rel="author">Ahmed Humayun</a>
Ahmed Humayun is a technology journalist bringing you the hottest tech stories of the day.




comments powered by Disqus