Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills Man Just Like In A Horror Movie

Posted: Oct 24 2016, 9:25am CDT | by , in Latest Science News


This story may contain affiliate links.

Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills Man Just Like in a Horror Movie
Getty Images
  • Flesh-Eating Bacteria cause a Man’s Demise within Four Days Flat

It looked like something straight out of a horror movie. Yet there is a lot of truth in body-consuming germs causing a man’s demise within four days flat.

It was the most horrible death and it also took place imperceptibly. 80,000 people get vibriosis on an annual basis. The culprit is raw or less-well-cooked shellfish.

This information just came in courtesy of the CDC. The worst of the symptoms are loose bowel movements and emetic effects. However, a gentleman named Michael Funk was very unlucky with reference to this disease.

On September 11th, he cleaned his crab pots before he and his spouse headed out for their home for the winter which was situated in Phoenix, according to the Daily Times of Salisbury, Maryland.

Yet where he was cleaning out the crab pots, a particularly virulent and nasty strain of vibrio vulnifucus was extant. It is a deadly flesh-eating bacteria. It entered his body via a cut on his leg.

The moment the bacteria entered his body, he began to feel sick. The infectious illness began its rapid progress to take over his body. Within days, his body resembled a mess. It was full of ulcers and lesions. In fact, it looked like it was something straight out of a horror movie about mutant zombies.

His wife Marcia reported the whole episode to the local newspaper. The deadly bacteria was in his body and it was wreaking havoc. After it invaded his blood vessels, it really began to make his body rot and stink.

The most serious and life-threatening illnesses took root in the body of this poor man. High temperature, shivers and chills, low blood pressure and blisters all over the skin made life a living hell for this man.

The body parts required immediate attention and were in such a sad state that there was talk of their surgical removal.

After the physicians diagnosed vibriosis, Michael Funk was flown to a trauma hospital. His leg was amputated. However, it was a case of too little, too late.

He died on September 15th, just 4 days after being infected. While the media picked up the gruesome death that was due to flesh-eating bacteria and mentioned it in his obituary, no warnings have been aired for public safety yet.

Vibrio vulnifucus is partially there due to the global warming that is going on today. Disease flourishes in conditions of damp humidity. These deadly bacteria also grow in such conditions and global warming only lends them more chances of flourishing in the seawater.

This story may contain affiliate links.


Find rare products online! Get the free Tracker App now.

Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Pomsies, Oculus Go, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/20" rel="author">Sumayah Aamir</a>
Sumayah Aamir (Google+) has deep experience in analyzing the latest trends.




comments powered by Disqus