British Man Electrocuted In Bath While Charging IPhone

Posted: Mar 20 2017, 1:54am CDT | by , in News | Apple

 

British Man Electrocuted in Bath While Charging iPhone
Photo Credit: Getty Images
 

The death of a British man when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone in the bath, was accidental, a judicial probe has revealed.

Richard Bull, 32, was found in the bath by his wife Tanya on December 11 last year.

According to Coroner Sean Cummings, the death of Bull, which occurred when the iPhone fell into the water, was accidental.

"These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings. This was a tragic accident and I have no reason to believe at all that there was anything other than it being completely accidental," Cummings was quoted as saying to the Guardian.com on Friday.

Cummings said that he also intends to send a report to the phone's manufacturer, Apple, to warn about the potential dangers.

While the post mortem examination reports revealed burns on Bull's right hand, the police noted that an extension lead was found running from the hallway into the bathroom.

"If you have got any appliance attached to the mains electricity circuit, you have to be aware there is a danger there. You're risking death," Sheila Merrill, the public health adviser to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, was quoted as saying to the BBC.

"Electricity and water don't mix, but particularly with phones, people don't probably always think about it. It's not advisable to use them while they're plugged in, particularly in a bathroom situation," Merrill added.

This story may contain affiliate links.

Comments

The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/59" rel="author">IANS</a>
The Indo-Asian News Service (IANS) was established in 1986, initially to serve as an information bridge between India and its thriving Diaspora in North America. Now IANS is a full-fledged wire agency, putting out news 24x7 from around the world.

 

 

Advertisement

comments powered by Disqus