IPad IBookstore Self-Publishing Friendly

Posted: Mar 29 2010, 11:29am CDT | by , Updated: Aug 11 2010, 8:15pm CDT, in News | Apple

 
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

Buy This Now On Amazon

Ouch for the Kindle. Amazon's online book store just took another fist to the face from the iPad (VentureBeat). Self-publishing services like Smashwords are running to the iPad's iBookstore in droves. Smashwords has already signed a deal with Apple to distribute their content. This will allow unpublished writers to push their books out on a large distribution platform for a very low price.

In order to have their books ready by launch day, Smashwords authors need to have them finished by March 31st. Smashwords is adding in ISBN support, and the minimum price is .99 cents. 60% of profits go to the author, while the other 40% are split between Apple and Smashwords. More indie self-publishing houses are likely in deals with Apple right now.

Holiday Gift Guides and Deals

Get your Holiday gifting inspired by Best Toy Gifts with High STEM Value and the Top 10 toy gifts under $10 if you are on budget. The most popular Holiday 2017 toy list include Fingerlings, Crate Creatures and more. Don't miss the new Holiday deals on Amazon Devices, including $29.99 Fire tablet.

This story may contain affiliate links.

This free App Solves You Holiday Shopping Problem


Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Fingerling, Luvabella, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News

Comments

The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/5" rel="author">Robert Evans</a>
The excitement about new smartphones, tablets and anything mobile drive Robert to unearth the latest rumors and developments in this fast moving space. He adopted 4G as soon as it become available and knows where the mobile market is going.
Robert can be contacted directly at robert@i4u.com.

 

 

Advertisement

comments powered by Disqus