US Commission Recalls Burning Targus Laptop Adapaters

Posted: Apr 30 2010, 3:35pm CDT | by , Updated: Aug 11 2010, 8:53pm CDT, in News | Hardware & Peripherals

 
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

Buy This Now On Amazon

A Targus "universal adapter" kit for laptop charging has come under fire - literally. The unit that is supposed to make charging your computer a bit easier can actually burn your hand.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a voluntary recall for Targus's "Universal Wall Power Adapter for Laptops" (pictured above). It received 518 complaints from consumers.

53 consumers said that the unit overheated, causing their casing to melt. 8 people reported minor burns, but no one sought medical attention as a result of the product.

The firm's official description states, "Faulty wiring can cause the connector tips to heat and melt the plastic encasing the connector tips, posing a burn hazard to consumers."

The following SKUs are affected:

APA23US-02, APA23US-03, APA23US-04, APA63US-03, APA63US-04, APM62US-03 and APM62US-04

Those with an affected product should contact the government agency to request a new version for free.

Holiday Gift Guides and Deals

Get your Holiday gifting inspired by Best Toy Gifts with High STEM Value and the Top 10 toy gifts under $10 if you are on budget. The most popular Holiday 2017 toy list include Fingerlings, Crate Creatures and more. Don't miss the new Holiday deals on Amazon Devices, including $29.99 Fire tablet.

This story may contain affiliate links.

This free App Solves You Holiday Shopping Problem


Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Fingerling, Luvabella, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News

Comments

The Author


 

 

Advertisement

comments powered by Disqus