Delayed by Hurricane Irene, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is now officially announced for the United States.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 is now officially coming the United States on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. There is no hard release date yet for all carriers. Sprint is apparently first with the launch of the Galaxy S2 on September 16. AT&T and T-Mobile say that they will start selling the Galaxy S2 in the coming weeks. At least the Galaxy S II did not get new funky names on each carrier as was previously rumored. Only Sprint had to call their Galaxy S2 model Epic 4G Touch.
Don't Miss: Find a Nintendo Switch in stock online
Sprint is going to launch the Galaxy S2 (aka Epic 4G Touch) on September 16 for $199.99 with 2-year contract. You can pre-order it now on Sprint.
The Galaxy S2 has already sold over 5 million times around the globe. The Consumer Reports equivalent in Germany ranks the Galaxy S2 higher than the iPhone now in a recent review of smartphones.
Galaxy S2 Specs:
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)