Verizon brings Samsung Galaxy Note competitor.
Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics USA today announced the Intuition by LG, a device that offers the full functionality of a smartphone and a tablet all in one slim, pocket friendly device.
The Intuition’s design and features let customers record their most creative ideas while also staying productive, all in one device. Customers will also have access to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, which covers more than 75 percent of the U.S. population and will soon be available in more than 400 markets nationwide.
Don't Miss: The best Deal on a new Samsung Galaxy S8
LG’s 5-inch display with high-definition detail gives customers a premium viewing experience with exceptionally sharp detail, and the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it ideal for reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and reviewing presentations. The Intuition features the Polaris® Office app, allowing customers to view, create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations right on the Intuition’s large display and can even organize files by category or folder.
The QuickMemo app can be used with a single press of a button and allows customers to draw or write messages with the included Rubberdium™ pen or with their finger on just about any screen. Add a personalized handwritten note to pictures, maps, websites and easily share with friends through text messages, social media, email and more. Customers can even pick different colors and pen types to help further customize their notes.
The Intuition also features the LG Tag+ app and two reprogrammable NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers that can be used to create and switch between different phone modes with a single tap. For example, the stickers can be posted onto an office door or bedroom nightstand and customers simply tap the NFC sticker with their phone to activate a mode and tap it again to return to their original settings. The different modes are customizable and include Car Mode, Office Mode, Sleep Mode and User Mode. Settings like Bluetooth®, GPS, Wi-Fi and more can be turned on or off by tapping the back of the Intuition on an LG Tag+ sticker.
Additional Features of the LG Intuition:
- 5-inch display with high-definition detail
- 4:3 aspect ratio to fully use the screen size and eliminate dead space
- 650 NIT display provides excellent legibility and sharp details even in direct sunlight
- The Notebook app turns the Intuition into a virtual notepad for creating documents which, can include text, drawings, images, annotations, video and voice clips
- Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), secure multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability and more
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible so customers can watch movie trailers, download audio books, shopping and more
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots.
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 + HS
- SmartShare – Share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Intuition by LG will be available online starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores starting Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.