Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook has now 1 billion active users.
Mark Zuckerberg appeared today in NBC's Today Show for an interview. Facebook made the announcement of crossing the 1 billion active user mark part of the PR push. Facebook reached already the 1 billion monthly active users on September 14 at 12.45 PM Pacific time.
The whole fantasy behind Facebook's market value is the huge size of the user base. The question is still if Zuckerberg can crack the code to milk the 1 billion users for cash to drive renues.
Below are some more fun facts that Facebook published today.
- Over 1.13 trillion likes since launch in February 2009
- 140.3 billion friend connections
- 219 billion photos uploaded
- Data was pulled on 9/10/2012, and represents the total # of photos currently on this site – in other words, it excludes deleted photos. If we wanted to include all photos ever uploaded, the estimate we have is 265 billion. Photo uploading launched fall 2005.
- 17 billion location-tagged posts, including check-ins
- Includes location-tagged posts as well as check-ins. Data was pulled 9/10/2012, and represents total location-tagged posts & check-ins since launch of the product in August 2010
- 62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times - that’s about 210,000 years of music
- Data was pulled on 9/11/2012, and represents song plays since the launch of music-listening applications in September 2011