- Music and video playback and streaming
- Internet TCP/IP (Opera browser)
- Integrated VGA camera
- FM radio
- Email (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4)
- MMS (including SMIL)
- Integrated handsfree & voice recorder
- Bluetooth technology (including audio)
- Personal Information Management: calendar, contacts, tasks, and more <!--
- Word, Sheet processor and Presentation Viewer, Word & Sheet converter -->
- Word, Sheet, and Presentation Viewer; Word & Sheet converter
- Flight mode
- Offline mode
- Touch screen
- MP3 player
- GSM 900/1800/1900
- Automatic switching between bands
- Weight: 183 g
- Dimensions: 165 cc, 133.7 x 79.5 x ~21.6 mm
- High-resolution LCD display
- Series 90 UI with touch screen
- Display size: 640 x320 pixels
- 65,536 colors
- Partial mode display 640 x 65 pixels for power saving
- Touch-screen, pen-based input with stylus
- On-screen keyboard
- Virtual keyboard
- Scroll and select key (scroll up, down, left, right, select)
- Home (Apps key)
- Menu key
- 2 Application-specific keys
- Send key
- End/Exit key
- Voice key
- Power key
- Camera: 640x480 pixel resolution; 2 x digital zoom
- RealPlayer: Playback and stream RealMedia (video and audio) and 3GPP-compliant content (H.263 and MPEG-4)
- Music: supports MP3, AAC, RealAudio 7 and 8, WAV, MIDI, and AMR-NB file types. Keep your sounds organized with Nokia Audio Manager (NAM)
- Images: supports JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, and animated GIF images
- Sketch: Edit images (crop, zoom, rotate, and flip) and draw your own. Add images to contacts or send them (via MMS, email or Bluetooth).
- Stereo FM radio
- 20 - 25MB of internal memory available for contacts, text messages, multimedia messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, personal information management, and applications
- 64MB Memory Card provided in the sales package
- Additional Memory Units available (up to 128 MB)
- PIM: Contacts, extensive calendar, Mobile Wallet 2.0, calculator
- Office applications: Word, Sheet, and Presentation Viewer
- Flight mode: all radio-related activities turned off
- Offline mode: Use the MP3 player, FM radio, AAC, PIM, and Bluetooth without a SIM card
- Multimedia messaging: Multimedia messaging (MMS) with compatible devices: send and receive messages containing text, images, audio and video.
- Email: Access your work and private email accounts; supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP4 protocols
- Text messaging: create, send, edit, and receive text messages (SMS).
- Downloadable Java™ MIDP 2.0 and Symbian games <!--
- MMC-card games for richer graphics and more complex gameplay -->
- Downloadable Java™ MIDP 2.0 applications
- Use MP3, AAC or AMR-NB files as ringing tones
- Up to 24 polyphonic ringing tones
- 24 ringing tones preset, all removable
- Pop-Port™ interface
- Connect phone wirelessly to a compatible phone or a compatible PC
- Bluetooth technology
- Over-the-Air ringing tones, settings and messages (for web access point, web bookmarks, and SyncML)
- Remote OTA synchronization with SyncML; local synchronization with PC using PC Suite
- HTML and xHTML with Opera browser
- Downloadable plugins
- OMA mDRM - forward lock for content protection
- Wallet: convenient online use and storage of your numbers and passwords
- GPRS* (multislot class 10)
- E-GPRS* (multislot class 4 (3+1))
- HSCSD (High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data)*
- Circuit-Switched Data
- Click-to-talk: Easy dialing with the touch screen interface
- Contacts: Advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and email details per entry; also supports thumbnail pictures and groups
- Speed dialing
- Logs: Keeps lists of your dialed, received, and missed calls
- Automatic redial
- Supports Fixed Dialing Number, which allows calls only to predefined numbers
- Conference call (up to 5 participants)
- PC Suite
Nokia anounced a new portable multi media device - Nokia 7700.
The Nokia 7700 media device enables users to view web pages with a full Internet browser over high-speed mobile networks on a 65,000 color touch screen optimized for viewing Internet content.
Additional features include music and video playback and streaming, an integrated VGA camera, FM radio, multimedia messaging support, as well as a full complement of personal information management features.
The Device runs on Nokia Series 90 User Interface on the Symbian OS.
The Nokia 7700 will also support the Nokia Streamer SU-6 accessory, the first mobile IP Datacast receiver designed to demonstrate the mobile phone television experience using the DVB-H network. The Nokia Streamer can be attached to the Nokia 7700 like a battery pack, and will be used in pilot projects to showcase the future of digital broadcasting on mobile devices.
The Nokia 7700 media device works on GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900 networks, with shipments in Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific expected to begin in the second quarter, 2004.
Don't Miss: Find a Nintendo NES Classic in stock
- Tri-Band Operation
Display and User Interface
Audio/Visual Media Features
*Note that these services require network support.
- Call Management
Variation in operation times will occur depending on SIM card, network settings and usage. Talk time is increased by up to 30% if Half Rate is active, and reduced by 5% if Enhanced Full Rate is active.