Creative officially launched the Zen Neeon on their site with lots of information and photos.
We already reported about the Zen Neeon featuring all kinds os stik-ons about two weeks ago. The press-release is dated with May 19th, in the middle of E3 2005 - that is why we missed it.
The Creative Zen Neeon is a 5GB HDD player measuring only 79.9x46.9x15.9mm and weighs 75g. The 6GB iPod mini measures 50.8x12.7x91.44mm and weight is 102g. So the Zen Neeon is about 10mm shorter and a bit more narrow than the market leader.
Creative tries to position the Neeon as fashion accessory with all the available stik-ons and the ability of changing the display background color. Additionally the Neeon is available in 10 different back plate colors.
Creative Zen Neeon Features:
- Pint-size - measures just 79.9mm x 46.9mm x 15.9mm.
- Weighs only 75g.
- Integrated FM radio & recorder.
- Built-in microphone for voice recording.
- Direct line-in recording, which enables users to record directly from other audio sources such as CD/DVD players, turntables, and cassette tape players.
- Works as a plug-and-play removable portable mass storage class drive that stores all sorts of data files
- Easy drag-and-drop of files between PC and player.
- No software installation required, except for Windows 98SE. Drivers are included.
- 7 user selectable LED backlight colors.
The Creative Zen Neeon is now available (not sure where, could not find it, not even on the Creative Shop) at a suggested retail price of S$329.00.
The standard package includes the Zen Neeon, High-Fidelity Earphones, USB 2.0 Cable, Line-In Cable, Pouch, Neck-Strap, Quick Start Guide, Installation CD, and one Creative Stik-On skin.
More details on Creative Zen Neeon product page and in the press-release.