Mobile research firm Analysys has compiled a list of the top mobile phone operators. The list has nothing to do with talking (it's not like we're comparing phones here or anything), but rather it's based on which services offer the best external features.
For example, Vodafone's Fastweb DSL mobile service in Italy was ranked #1. Right behind is UK's own O2 for its SMS service. The country also nabbed the third spot for 3's mobile TV and video streaming service. The US didn't find its name on the list until #4, which was taken by T-Mobile's messaging on Blackberry devices.The full list is as follows:
1. Vodafone's Casa FASTWEB DSL service (Italy)
2. O2's SMS service (UK)
3. 3's 3G mobile TV and video streaming service (UK)
4. T-Mobile's BlackBerry email and instant messaging service (USA)
5. Sprint Nextel's CDMA2000 EV-DO Revision A mobile broadband service (USA)
6. 3's DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting service (Italy)
7. KDDI au's EZ Chaku-uta Full music downloading service (Japan)
8. SK Telecom's Cyworld Mobile community portal service (South Korea)
9. NTT DoCoMo's DCMX mobile credit service (Japan)
10. Vodafone's MiniCall 'voice SMS' service (Egypt)
Who would have thought? The UK has better mobile phone features than Japan. I think this calls for a celebration.
By Eric Raby
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here