Sony announces the Cyber-shot S800 8.1MP digital camera.
The compact shooter offers a 6x optical zoom in an all metal body. Sony highlights the ease of use of the S800. A function Guide offers simple advice on picking the optimal shooting mode for any subject. There is also an on-screen guidance that shows a suggested size for printing paper and the number of images remaining, dependent on remaining memory space.
Features of the S800 include 12x digital zoom, 20mm macro, up to ISO 125) sensitivity, 2.5 inch screen, 390 shots battery life, 56MB internal memory and 16:9 mode for playback on widescreen TV.Sony bundles 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries with the S800.
The Sony Cyber-shot S800 will be available throughout Europe from end of May 2007. No information is available if the S800 will be available in the United States. There is also no pricing available yet.
Key features of the Sony S800:
Don't Miss: Amazon 12 Days of Deals
- 8,1 effective megapixels
- 6x optical zoom, 12x digital zoom, up to 30 smart zoom
- ISO 1250 high sensitivity (REI) for shooting in low-light situations
- Large 2.5-inch (6.2cm) LCD screen
- Silver full metal body, compact design
- 56MB internal memory
- High quality Sony lens
- 2cm macro for close-up shooting
- Easy operation with an on-screen function guide
- 16:9 mode for playback on a widescreen TV
- Motion-JPEG (30 fps movie mode with audio)
- PictBridge for direct connection to printer without need for PC
- STAMINA battery life, up to 390 shots (CIPA standard with LCD screen on)
- On-screen menu in choice of 15 languages: Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Supplied with: 2x NiMH rechargeable batteries, charger, AV & USB cables, wrist strap and software