Menu

Daily News for the Geek Mind

HTC Evo Shift overheats and burns owner

May 1 2013, 1:36am CDT | by , in News | Technology News

HTC Evo Shift overheats and burns owner

Smartphones are, in actuality, small computers that can perform multiple tasks at once, depending on the specs. Since they tend to overheat, smartphones need proper ventilation. One woman learned this lesson the hard way.

A woman from Columbus, Ohio reportedly got scorched by her two year-old phone, an HTC Evo Shift. It was so hot that it left some nasty burns on her skin. Jennifer Grago was doing some yard work one day while listening to the radio on her phone.

Since she didn't have any pocket, she opted to put the phone in the band of her sweats. "I felt my phone getting warm so I moved it and trucked on. Figured sweatpants and 70 some degrees was a factor. Went to move it again and it hurt like a #%&@! and skin with it. I swear to god I almost passed out,” writes Jennifer.

Source: TechCrunch

Comments

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Might Also Like

Read the Latest from I4U News

Hottest Chrissy Teigen Instagram Photos

Hottest Chrissy Teigen Instagram Photos

12 hours ago, 11:40am CDT

Hottest Jennifer Lopez Instagram Photos

Hottest Jennifer Lopez Instagram Photos

12 hours ago, 11:31am CDT

E.L. James did a HILARIOUS Twitter Q&A

E.L. James did a HILARIOUS Twitter Q&A

13 hours ago, 10:48am CDT

Hottest Channing Tatum Instagram Photos

Hottest Channing Tatum Instagram Photos

13 hours ago, 10:47am CDT

Hottest Taylor Swift Instagram Photos

Hottest Taylor Swift Instagram Photos

15 hours ago, 8:39am CDT

Jack Carter Dies at 93

Jack Carter Dies at 93

16 hours ago, 8:16am CDT

Cold Drinks Kill 184,000 People a Year

Cold Drinks Kill 184,000 People a Year

16 hours ago, 7:52am CDT

UK Warned on Climate Change

UK Warned on Climate Change

16 hours ago, 7:43am CDT

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Back to Top | Read the Latest Stories