Sony is updating its Music Unlimited app for iOS. Currently under review with Apple, version 1.3 supports offline mode and HQ audio. Now play that beat!
Sony Entertainment has announced a new update to its Music Unlimited service for iOS.
If you've been hoping that the app will get offline support, then today's your lucky day because Sony Music Unlimited is finally getting that nifty offline mode. That means users can now listen to their favorite songs without the need for Internet. Sounds good right?
But that's not all. Version 1.3 also adds support for high quality audio. That means 320kbps of high fidelity audio. However, this feature will be limited to Internet streaming. Sorry, no offline support for HQ audtio yet.
The update, expected to go live soon, also brings the capability to download albums and tracks, including playlists. Sony has listed a few steps to enable offline mode on the app. The steps are as follows:
- Select a playlist, song or album that you’d like to download.
- Tap the “Options” button on the right of the album, track or playlist you’d like to download
- Select “Download Album” from the pop up menu.
- Once you select the music for download, hit the all new “Menu” button on the top left of the app and you’ll see the “My Downloads” queue to check the progress of your downloading tracks.
- Once the tracks are finished downloading, you’ll immediately see the list of artists, albums, songs and playlists in the “My Downloads” tab. They are all available to hear while online or offline.
- To listen offline, simply set the “Offline Mode” switch to “ON” and you’ll be taken immediately to your download list where you can select tracks by Artists, Albums, or Songs, or by Playlists.
To enable or activate HQ audio, follow these steps:
- Select the “Menu” button, and then select the “Settings” option.
- Select “ON” where you see “High Quality Audio HQ Streaming”.
- Once HQ Audio is activated, you’ll see an “HQ” badge next to the right of the track information when you play a song.