Zachary Reyna was the prepubescent boy who died of Naegleria fowleri, a rare and fatal disease on Saturday in Florida. Zach as he was commonly called by his friends and family was infected by the deadly parasite while he was knee-boarding. He has become a source of inspiration to so many because he allowed doctors to give him experimental anti-amoebic drugs. These drugs had been a success with an Arkansas girl of the same age group. But unfortunately in Zach’s case they didn’t work. His family will be missing Zach more than ever. He was a good kid who was a role model for others. Nothing can make up for the tears of anguish his mother and father cried on his demise. As an act of good will, his family is donating some of his organs for the cause of saving the lives of those who need emergency transplants.
The brain eating parasite breeds in shallow and warm waters. The concerned medical authorities have issued a warning to people who like to go swimming in such waters that are a cesspool of strange and death-dealing parasites. At the start, Zach began sleeping more than usual. That’s when his parents felt something was seriously wrong with him. Later on he also began suffering from a range of symptoms from fever to headache and nausea. The kid fought for his life and finally succumbed to death thereby moving many to cry sad tears and undergo agony at the loss of someone so young and innocent. Zach will be missed by many for he didn’t give up without a fight.