Young people mostly like to stay connected to their close friends and find most of the social media sites and communication apps as the best source of doing it. This need has brilliantly caught the leading OS' attention - the famous Android OS.
People use many messengers to get connected to their relatives, friends, or colleagues. Now, we bring to you the 5 best messaging apps of the Android platform for this year, which has gained a good popularity among Android users.
Don't Miss: Super Bowl 2017 Commercials & Advertisers
- WhatsApp - WhatsApp was founded in 2009 by some veterans of Yahoo! Besides normal chat and IM facility, users can also exchange music, videos, pictures, and many other media messages over mobile internet or connecting to WiFi. Special features like group chat and sharing user’s location and status update has also done many wonders to this app. On top of these all, this app is advertisement free!
- Viber - Viber is mainly a cross platform messaging service and VOIP designed for iOS, BlackBerry, Windows, Android, Mac, Symbian, BADA and has recently launched its desktop version. It has over 200 million users worldwide. It has features like group chat and voice calling which was primarily limited to iPhone and Android with the promise to make it possible on other OS as well. Viber features include exchange of texts, pictures, and video messaging and is available in 30 languages.
- Line - Over 150 million users are using this app regularly. It allows texting, exchange of media files like pictures, audio messages, and even awesome clear voice calls over internet all for free in over 230 countries worldwide. Compared to the other apps, Line has a better outreach when it comes to exchanging fun messages in colorful font and an option of using emoticons and stickers.
- Skype - Worldwide-popular app to make voice calls over internet. Users can also get instant messages facility on Skype which supports many famous platforms like Android, iOS, and personal computers. This network is owned by Microsoft and it features file sharing and videoconferencing.
- eBuddy Messenger - eBuddy is a famous instant messaging solution for all type of mobile devices and web. This app supports WLM, MySpace, Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, Gtalk, and Facebook with its client software available to many platforms such as Android, iOS, BlackBerry and JAVA ME. Some of eBuddy’s best feature includes simultaneous chat service or IM with the friends on the registered networks. This app runs continuously in the background so that users don’t have to miss any messages. Users can also share their pictures, media messages, and much more through eBuddy messenger app.