An iPad Air caught fire after exploding in an Australian Vodafone store. Nobody was injured and the mobile phone shop was immediately evacuated after the explosion. This is the first time an Apple tablet has self-destructed. Similar incidents with mobile devices by Apple have occurred before.
A Vodafone store in the Australian city of Canberra was the site of an iPad Air explosion. The incident shocked many onlookers. The phone store was hurriedly evacuated of all human beings as the fire extinguishing team was called. After the device was doused, everyone thanked their stars that no one was hurt.
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here
The gadget was completely defunct for all purposes though. It had been virtually incinerated in the incident. The level of heat generated in the accident was extreme. An Apple representative will be arriving shortly to collect the charred remains of the gizmo. Apple Incorporated is responsible for this mishap and its personnel want to take a closer look at what exactly happened to the iPad Air.
The iPad Air was launched on the first of November. It was a slim, sleek and fine model from Apple that was slated to be the next big thing on the horizon. Yet here we have it, the first one to explode has made it into the headlines of newspapers. It seems Apple has had a string of accidents with its devices that has left the company’s image synonymous with the phrase “safety hazard”.
Some time earlier, electric shocks from iPhone charging cable left a female dead in China. Now it is a tablet blowing up all by itself. Care will have to be taken in the future regarding products that go out in the market. After all, Apple’s reputation depends upon it.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know