A chicken plant had an abundance of cockroaches in it which were detected by health authorities making the rounds. This has led to the temporary shutdown of Foster Farms where this unhygienic incident took place.
Foster Farms and its management are in hot water. They are in deep trouble because food inspectors from the USDA found the premises riddled with cockroaches. These dirty insects carry salmonella bacteria which when transferred to chicken products caused food poisoning. The poultry plant has been closed down for some days for now. And the reopening date remains indefinitely postponed for the time being at least.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
The company has tried to defend itself by saying that only five cockroaches were ultimately found scurrying around in the plant. They say that the accusation made against them of dismal hygiene is an exaggeration. Whatever the case may be, for now at least the people who ate chicken products from this plant will be having nightmares.
After the shutdown, the firm is trying to clean up its act. A lot of effort has been put into making the conditions more conducive to a germ-free milieu. Meanwhile, many people have already gotten sick due to the consumption of chicken products from Foster Farms. After the uproar the public is avoiding its packaged products like they contained cyanide.
It just goes to prove the dictum that just because it is natural does not mean it is good for you. Food that spoils in natural conditions due to pests or viruses is as hazardous to human health as the chemical crap you find in glass jars and tin cans at the supermarket.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
Source: Nbc News