A smartphone is one of the best innovations man has ever come up with. Year after year, different smartphone features ome up, making one move from a simple smart phone to a more sophisticated one. This is what led to the development of web browsers, designed for mobile phones commonly known as mobile browsers.
Mobile browsers are optimized to display web pages on the smaller screens of mobile phones. The browsers installed in different phone types are modified to accommodate low memory capacity and low band-width of handheld devices such as mobile phones. With the innovation of several mobile phone browsers, different kinds have come up but some of them stand out more than the rest. The top 5 mobile browsers are discussed below:
Don't Miss: The NES Classic In Stock at these Stores
- Opera Mini – is considered as one of the best mobile browsers ever made. Common to Android and iOS, this browser is termed as the fastest browser. One thing Opera Mini brings to the table is the highly efficient opera turbo data compression technique: which shrinks down data (like photos and videos) before sending a lighter and a more convenient image or video to your mobile device. Opera Mini also provides bookmark syncing, speed dials, and a unique visual page interface.
- Safari – mostly restricted to iOS, is also another browser one should consider having if you are planning to go the Apple way. Though the early versions of this browser lacked the tabbed, browsing the Safari browser only gets better with the iOS 7. The Safari mobile browser has the Omni bar-style kind of browsing which hides the pages you don’t need and only brings them on the front screen just by a simple swipe when needed.
- Chrome – a browser from the Google family has also joined the race of the ultimate browsers. Common to Android and iOS, Chrome brings to mobile same minimalist functions as seen on the desktop version. The only difference is that the mobile version has a unified address bar Omni box. It also employs the private browsing feature and allows for voice search which is more of a phone feature than a browser feature.
- Mozilla Firefox – is another browser that has been up in the news. Firefox recently produced its mobile version for Android which becomes one of its best innovations ever. Firefox has a streamlined bar that combines search and address bar. It also has a bookmark bar and a tabs bar. Firefox for Android also includes space for numerous add-ons like the Ad Block plus for blocking adverts that are not required. Firefox also uses less memory as compared to other browsers.
- Dolphin browser – is considered as a sleek browser. It makes browsing easy by allowing you to browse the way you want. It has customizable features, for example drawing the letter “G” automatically jumps you to Google. The browser also includes voice search, tabbed browsing, and add-ons support.
With different mobile phones supporting different operating systems, one has to choose the kind of browser that fits him most. The top five are the best in the field, so choose wisely!