Samsung’s line of Galaxy smartphones has continuously set the bar for mobile features. Here are some of our favorites.
- Air Gestures – Every other smartphone user has to tap or touch their phone to control it. You can be one step above them by controlling your phone by simply waving your hand over the screen. You can use this feature to answer calls, quick glance at content lists, or scroll through webpages.
- AllShare Play – Samsung's AllShare Play is similar to HTC's Media Link HD. It hooks up to your TV to stream video from your phone wirelessly, saving yourself the hassle of fumbling with adaptors and cords. The Samsung Galaxy also features remote device access, connecting you to your data on Samsung devices you left at home or work. You also get free cloud storage so you can delete things temporarily and re-download them at your leisure.
- Pop-Up Play – Most smartphones lack the ability to multitask, so if you are watching a video and want to do something else at the same time, you are out of luck. The Samsung Galaxy’s Pop-Up Play feature allows you to turn the video into a little thumbnail that will float and continue playing over your web browser. This is a perfect companion for the larger screens Samsung Galaxy phones can boast.
- S Health – The Samsung Galaxy is the perfect companion for people living an active and healthy lifestyle. In addition to hundreds off apps available for better eating and breaking bad habits, the Samsung Galaxy can automatically track your workouts, caloric intake, and weight levels. It can take this data and create various charts and graphs so you can track your progress towards goals. If you pair it with the S band and heart rate monitor, you can get even more detailed.
- Smart Pause – Smart Pause makes use of the smartphone’s sensor while you watch videos. If you look away from your device while a video is playing, the Samsung Galaxy will automatically pause the video and resume playback when you return to your device. This way, you never miss a single moment.
- Smart Stay – Similar to Smart Pause (and actually the technology Smart Pause was built off of), Smart Stay innovates media usage on mobile devices. Have you ever been reading something on your smartphone and suddenly find that your screen has gone black? While most smartphones allow you to change the timeout length – that is, the amount of time your phone waits without input to fade to black – only the Samsung Galaxy uses a sensor to check if your head is still in front of the phone. As long as you are still looking at the screen, it keeps the backlight on without input from you.