Tablets are used for all reasons, but what it boils down to is that they are usually just slates – slates that are thin or thick, but fragile all the same. Slates that will not stand up on their own unlike the always reliable laptop; slates that are inconvenient for typing because of angle and keyboard issues.
Many companies have devoted their efforts in making lives of tablet owners and users simpler by developing innovations in the accessory market for these devices. Using a tablet for everything you might need it for no longer needs to be a difficulty or a hassle.
What will make tablet usage easier?
1. Keyboards – typing frustration with tablets has been experienced with many people, especially those that need their tablets for business purposes or for studying and research. This no longer needs to be a problem as there are keyboards for your tablet to allow easy typing.
- Detachable keyboards – first started by Windows for their tablet series this is not becoming more popular as the reliable source for tablet typing.
- Bluetooth – wireless keyboards often compatible with any tablet type.
- Infrared – uncommon, compact, and will fit in a purse.
- Solar – the newest kind of keyboard uses panels to gain energy so no need to charge or replace batteries.
- Battery operated – some people prefer this to having to plug in to a charger every day.
2. Casings – a casing serves as protection for your tablet’s exterior; this is an important accessory to have as tablets when unused are left lying on a surface which could cause scratches.
- Flip covers – flip covers provide back protection and screen protection. However, some people find this gets in the way, especially when taking pictures or video.
- Survival covers – very big, thick, and bulky. These casings are made for any tablet to withstand boulders dropping on them.
- Handle casings – we’ve all seen this, those cute tablets that are made to look like they have hands and feet. Handles are usually for kids for easier usage.
- Water casings – for the adventurer who likes taking pictures or video underwater. With this one, you need to be brand conscious as some prove to be unreliable.
3. Stands – stands are used for angling, in order for the user to better see what is on the screen without having to constantly hold on to a tablet. Usually used for movie or video watching. Also used in accompaniment with a compatible keyboard.
- Click stands – detachable plastic stands that click on and off a tablets base. These are sturdy but not always foldable and may be bulky to bring around. Some kinds of this stand may also cause damage or scratches from continuous usage and removal.
- Foldable magnetic stands – these are sometimes also used as the above mentioned flip case but with a 3 fold system that can fold in to a triangle and serves a s a tablet stand. It is magnetic so the folds do not come undone.
4. Protectors – protectors are sticker-like accessories used for the screen or the back of a tablet to keep it from getting scratches and alternatively to aid in keeping things together if it falls; protectors depending on quality can keep a screen from cracking or breaking.
- Standard protector – a standard protector offers all of those mentioned above. Quality and versatility depends on brand.
- Privacy protector – identical to the standard protector but with an added feature of deflecting screen images to only be seen by those directly in front of the tablet i.e. the user.
Make sure your tablet lasts for as long as you need it to last. Take the necessary precautions in keeping it safe for an extended usage period and uncompromised functionality.