Menu
Trending: Holiday Gifts | CES 2015 | Super Bowl 2015 Ads More Topics: Apple | Cars | TV Shows | Politics
Star Wars Christmas Lights Video Goes Viral

Star Wars Christmas Lights Video Goes Viral

CES 2015: LG will unveil its New 4K Ultra HD TV with Quantum Dot Technology

CES 2015: LG will unveil its New 4K Ultra HD TV with Quantum Dot Technology

Budweiser Super Bowl 2015 Ad leaks

Budweiser Super Bowl 2015 Ad leaks

The Best 2014 Super Bowl Ads

The Best 2014 Super Bowl Ads

Tesla Roadster 3.0 Revealed

Tesla Roadster 3.0 Revealed

Tecia Torres: An Ideal UFC Chance is Up for Tecia Torres

Apr 30 2014, 10:43am CDT | by , in News | Latest Sports News

Tecia Torres is Ready for Ideal UFC Chance
Tecia Torres Twitter
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

The fighter Tecia Torres is all ready for the ideal UFC chance. The MMA champion still has a lot of energy and spunk in her and packs a mean wallop.

She has the action and the motion. Tecia Torres is set to turn a good opportunity into a stepping stone that will lead her to success. Weighing in at 115 pounds, the invincible pugilist has plans to leave her hometown in Florida and fight in the UFC series. She is not content to remain in her comfort zone.

According to her, sometime between spring and summer of this year, she will get her proverbial 15 minutes of fame. “Honestly I wish we had a little bit more details but all I know is that the date we leave is supposed to be in late spring or early summer,” Torres tells Cagewriter.

She is a tough lady who is preparing for the future matches she is to take part in and for now she is finishing off a few last minute duties. Unpaid utility bills and some extra chores need clearing up before Tecia goes out there and does her stuff. A very huge jackpot may be won if she concentrates all her energy on the fight. The title belt for the UFC is the main attraction that has Torres all shook up.

The seasoned fighter is in her mid-20s and literally bursting with enthusiasm. She is raring to have a go at anyone foolish enough to step into the ring with her. Her opponents include some very high class warriors with nerves of steel.

“When I go in there, my coaches will definitely be in my heart and mind. Everybody is a potential opponent on the show so I’ve got to be ready for fifteen different styles,” she says.

Currently, she is in the training phase of her regimen. The footwork and punching sequences are coming in handy. She is thankful to her teachers who all taught her the basic moves and inspired her to be a perseverant soul.

“I’m upping my game in all aspects – striking, Jiu Jitsu, wrestling - so I can be ready for every single thing. All my coaches and teammates who have been on TUF or Fight Master before have given me advice. My coaches have looked at tape of a lot of the girls on the show. We haven’t gone into detail about game plans, we are just working on the basics. From what I hear the biggest issue is the mental aspect of being on the show. Weight cutting won’t be an issue for me. But not having access to the world and your people is a mental challenge.”

She has an eclectic approach in which wrestling, Jujitsu and some other styles and genres get combined in a deadly ensemble. But it is the mental and spiritual halves of the game that are the real issues she has to master. The physical aspect is the smallest area to ponder on in the fight. Torres has always been a great lover of the fighting arts. But she says she never thought that one day she would be earning cold hard cash via her public fights in the UFC.

“Some people ask me that – if I think I’m a favorite. I don’t think of myself in that way at all,” she says. “I definitely know that people are calling me a favorite. But, in reality, I don’t have that much pro experience. Most of the other girls have a lot more experience than me. In my head, I’m the underdog. I don’t want to be in any other mindset. I’m going into this 0-0.”

“I loved fighting and wanted to do it but it wasn’t something I necessarily thought of as a career path to make money,” Torres reveals.

“I thought I could do this for awhile and go back to kickboxing if I needed to. I didn’t think of it as a career until Invicta signed me. But even then, I was coming to a point where I was going to probably have to stop fighting full-time. Invicta treats the girls well but it wasn’t enough to make a living off of. I’m 24 now and I told my mom that if, by 25, it doesn’t happen for me in MMA, I would realistically go back to work. I went to college and studied criminal justice. I always thought I was going to be a cop until I decided that I didn’t want to harm or kill anyone.”

You Might Also Like

Read the Latest

Chris Pine regrets starring in Jack Ryan

Chris Pine regrets starring in Jack Ryan Chris Pine recently starred in Disney’s new movie, Into the Woods Chris has been reveling into different kinds of...

12 minutes ago

NAIAS 2015 will showcase Street Level View of the Future

NAIAS 2015 will showcase Street Level View of the Future NAIAS 2015 will be held at COBO Center in Detroit, Michigan.

47 minutes ago

CES 2015 News
Neilsen Products to release universal tablet holder

Neilsen Products to release universal tablet holder Sqweezel Universal Tablet Holder coming to CES 2015

50 minutes ago

Mendocino basketball players Banned for I Can't Breathe T-Shirts

Mendocino basketball players Banned for I Can't Breathe T-Shirts The girls and boys basketball teams at Mendocino High School have been wearing ‘I can’t breathe’ T-shirts during...

55 minutes ago

Alicia Keys welcomes Second Baby with Swizz Beatz

Alicia Keys welcomes Second Baby with Swizz Beatz Alicia Keys welcomed her second baby into this world with hubby rapper Swizz Beatz. And it’s a boy again.

1 hour ago

NAIAS 2015 will focus on Fuel-Reduction Components

NAIAS 2015 will focus on Fuel-Reduction Components There is going to be focus on fuel-reduction components at the NAIAS 2015.

1 hour ago

NAIAS 2015 will see the Global Debut of a Track-Ready Lexus

NAIAS 2015 will see the Global Debut of a Track-Ready Lexus The new model of Lexus will be showcased at the NAIAS 2015 in Detroit and will expand the Lexus brand’s High...

2 hours ago

Stamina sensor and app coming to CES 2015

Stamina sensor and app coming to CES 2015 Will be the World’s first wearable stamina senor

2 hours ago

Most Pirated Movies of 2014

Most Pirated Movies of 2014 Martin Scorsese's Leonardo DiCaprio starrer Wolf of Wall Street topped the charts Gravity and Frozen followed the...

2 hours ago

Free patent applications at CES 2015

Free patent applications at CES 2015 Carr & Ferrell, LLP to offer complimentary service

2 hours ago

LOOP returning to CES 2015

LOOP returning to CES 2015 Company to show new cord innovations

2 hours ago

LG to debut its New Art Slim TV Series at CES 2015

LG to debut its New Art Slim TV Series at CES 2015 LG will be showcasing a new line of TVs called the Art Slim series at the CES 2015.

3 hours ago

LG wins 10 CES 2015 Innovation Awards

LG wins 10 CES 2015 Innovation Awards CES 2015 has awarded LG Electronics for its innovative ideas and design.

4 hours ago

The Interview earns over $15 Million Online and $1 Million in Theaters

The Interview earns over $15 Million Online and $1 Million in Theaters The Interview makes over $15 million online while the movie just earns $1 million in theatrical release. The film...

4 hours ago

LG to debut First Mega Capacity Double Door-in-Door Refrigerat at CES 2015

LG to debut First Mega Capacity Double Door-in-Door Refrigerat at CES 2015 This will be the industry’s first doo-in-door refrigerator with new contoured glass finish and mega capacity.

4 hours ago

Chelsea Handler Poses Topless Again

Chelsea Handler Poses Topless Again Chelsea Handler has posed topless again and this time it was while she was on a ski trip.

5 hours ago

Lily Aldridge Instagram Pics are her Sexiest Ever

Lily Aldridge Instagram Pics are her Sexiest Ever The Instagram pics of Lily Aldridge are her sexiest ever and it shows.

6 hours ago

Super Bowl XLIX Pre-Game Concerts to Feature Eli Young Band

Super Bowl XLIX Pre-Game Concerts to Feature Eli Young Band The Eli Young Band and The Chainsmokers are among the recording artists who will perform during several pre-game...

7 hours ago

Ray Anderson Excited About Super Bowl XLIX

Ray Anderson Excited About Super Bowl XLIX Former NFL vice president of football operations and current Arizona State University athletics director Ray Anderson...

9 hours ago

Seattle Seahawks Favored to Repeat in Super Bowl XLIX

Seattle Seahawks Favored to Repeat in Super Bowl XLIX The Seattle Seahawks are favored to repeat as champions in Super Bowl XLIX, per multiple reports.

11 hours ago

Volvo Revealing Bicyclist Identification System at CES 2015

Volvo Revealing Bicyclist Identification System at CES 2015 Volvo declares to showcase an outstanding technology for ensuring the safety of the cyclists

22 hours ago, 10:31am CST

Volvo and POC to unveil cyclist proximity tech at CES

Volvo and POC to unveil cyclist proximity tech at CES The Volvo and POC system consists of a connected car and helmet prototype

1 day ago, 12:13pm CST

Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone might be unveiled at the CES 2015

Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone might be unveiled at the CES 2015 The much-rumored Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone could boast a high-end sapphire display when it launches next year

1 day ago, 11:57am CST

PlayStation, Xbox networks recovering after outages on Christmas Day

PlayStation, Xbox networks recovering after outages on Christmas Day The online networks for Sony's PlayStation and Microsoft's Xbox video game consoles are showing signs of...

1 day ago, 11:40am CST

Tesla Roadster 3.0 Revealed

Tesla Roadster 3.0 Revealed Elon Musk and Tesla Motors have revealed the details about the new Tesla Roadster 3.0.

1 day ago, 10:57am CST

Xiaomi Reportedly Revealing the New Mi5 Smartphone with Sapphire Display at CES

Xiaomi Reportedly Revealing the New Mi5 Smartphone with Sapphire Display at CES 2015 The new flagship smartphone of the Chinese electronics giant will contain the sapphire screen

1 day ago, 9:57am CST

Intelligraphics, Inc. to show Chiltepin in Vegas

Intelligraphics, Inc. to show Chiltepin in Vegas New driver graphics core to be at CES 2015

2 days ago, 6:41am CST

New 3-D mapping tech to be featured at CES 2015

New 3-D mapping tech to be featured at CES 2015 TRX Systems will show NEON FeatureSLAM

2 days ago, 6:36am CST

Caseco bringing smart hats to CES 2015

Caseco bringing smart hats to CES 2015 Blu-Toque winter hats have built in BluTooth tech

2 days ago, 6:32am CST

MacKeeper coming to CES 2015

MacKeeper coming to CES 2015 New MacKeeper 3.x to be main attraction

2 days ago, 6:23am CST

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus