Latest News: Technology |  Celebrity |  Movies |  Apple |  Cars |  Business |  Sports |  TV Shows |  Geek

Trending

Filed under: News | Also on the Geek Mind

 

Elop, Nokia's former boss, gets $33 million for early termination of contract

70% of the total severance payment has already been paid by Microsoft and the remaining 30% was to be given by Nokia as mentioned in their 2013 annual report.

May 1 2014, 12:36pm CDT | by

1 Updates
Elop, Nokia's former boss, gets $33 million for early termination of contract
Photo Credits: getty images
 
 

YouTube Videos Comments

Full Story

Elop, Nokia's former boss, gets $33 million for early termination of contract

Stephen Elop, the former Nokia boss will be getting a whopping sum of 24.2 million Euros ($33.4 million) all in cash alongside the shares. This arrangement is to take place once he leaves the company, more than 25 percent higher than originally envisaged following a surge in its share price. The deal with Microsoft was announced in September where it was agreed that the Finish company would be sold off to Microsoft for 5.6-billion-euros.

Former Nokia boss Elop is also returning to the software giant and this took place soon after the deal between the two companies was closed on Friday. Considering what the share price of Nokia had been, Elop is entitled to around 18.8 million euros for the early termination of his contract. The severance payment of the former boss amounts up to over 4 million euros in cash and he recently stepped down to as Nokia chief executive in September. From then onwards, he had led the phone unit till the time the deal was finally closed.

The unit did not show impressive financial results and the operating loss widened to 306 million euros in the first quarter of this year. 70% of the total severance payment has already been paid by Microsoft and the remaining 30% was to be given by Nokia as mentioned in their 2013 annual report.

source: reuters

 

iPad Air Giveaway. Win a free iPad Air.

You Might Also Like

Updates


Sponsored Update


Advertisement


More From the Web

Shopping Deals

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/32" rel="author">Ahmed Humayun</a>
Ahmed Humayun is a technology journalist bringing you the hottest tech stories of the day.

 

 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Shaquille O'Neal Petitions Pharrell Williams for NBA 2K15
Shaquille O'Neal Petitions Pharrell Williams for NBA 2K15
Retired NBA superstar and current basketball television analyst Shaquille O'Neal raps in a promo clip for the upcoming video game NBA2K15 for Pharrell Williams' inclusion.
 
 
Serena Williams Says Wimbledon Virus Left Her In Bed for Three Days
Serena Williams Says Illness at Wimbledon Left Her In Bed for Three Days
"I was really scared after because I didn't realize how I felt until later..."
 
 
Jodie Foster to Direct George Clooney
Jodie Foster to Direct George Clooney
Jodie Foster will direct an indie movie titled Money Monster starring no other than George Clooney.
 
 
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Pre-order Now Available
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Pre-order Now Available
Already has a substantial discount
 
 
 

About the Geek Mind

The “geek mind” is concerned with more than just the latest iPhone rumors, or which company will win the gaming console wars. I4U is concerned with more than just the latest photo shoot or other celebrity gossip.

The “geek mind” is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets. The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year. The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants—needs—knowledge.

Read more about The Geek Mind.