The White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney tried his best to answer some of the serious allegations by a reporter of false information spreading by the Obama administration. The Benghazi attack in 2012 appeared to be a response to failed US policy.
The Benghazi attack on the US Consulate in 2012 in which four people were killed was supposed to have been caused by the blasphemous video that portrayed Prophet Muhammad. But as recent evidence in the form of a series of emails points out, the cause was in fact a failure of US policy in Libya.
Don't Miss: The Best Presidents' Day Sales 2017
A White House staff member sent a couple of emails to Susan Rice that the event should be made to look like it had occurred due to the offensive video. Election time was just two months away and so it was a desperate hour for President Obama. Had the truth come out, it could have damaged the leader’s reputation thereby leading to a loss of at the polling booths.
White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney faced some tough questions from ABC News journalist Jon Karl. Things soon spiraled out of control during the question and answer session. The issue was the talking points dictated to Susan Rice by a White House representative way back then. The propaganda created out of scratch by the Obama administration was revealed after some emails became public knowledge.
Jim shrewdly tried to generalize the whole affair. He responded to Jon Karl’s grilling by saying that the talking points were supposed to be about the overall situation in the Middle East and not the Benghazi violence in particular. But it appeared Jay was in a tight spot. He had been cornered by the cunning media and press reporters and there was no way out of this deadlock over the facts.
“If you look at that document, that document that we’re talking about today was about the overall environment in the Muslim world — the protests outside of Khartoum — the embassy in Khartoum, outside of the embassy in Tunis, the protests outside of the embassy in Cairo. These were big stories. These were — this was a big problem. And this was an ongoing story through that weekend when Ambassador Rice appeared in the Sunday shows.
So to suggest that we wouldn’t have answers to questions about those situations –and unless you’re telling me now that those protests didn’t have anything to do with the video, it was entirely appropriate to have a question-an-answer document prepared for the video,” Carney said in defense of the released emails.
“It did not come from the CIA. You stood there at the podium time after time and said that she was referring to talking points created by the CIA. Now we see a document that comes from the White House, not from the CIA, attributing the protests to the video, and we have the former director of the CIA saying that that was not something that his analysts had attributed it to,” Karl fired back.
An eight minute long back and forth argument took place in the White House press room. Finally, Jay cut quite a pathetic figure after Jon Karl had him reduced to size by his sharpshooting questions. It seems the United States government is still answerable for a lot of misdeeds.