Chael Sonnen has said that Wanderlei Silva avoided drug screening before the UFC 175. He is dead against him.
Although Chael Sonnen is not to have a no-holds barred contest with Wanderlei Silva, he is speaking out against him in full force. The American and Brazilian just don’t see eye to eye.
Don't Miss: How to Find NES Classic at Target Stores
Sonnen claims that Silva hedged about regarding his drug test that was due for the UFC 175. Sonnen believes that Silva’s license to practice the fighting art will be valid no more since he didn’t meet the required criteria in the drug test.
Sonnen speculated that Silva had always been under suspicion for using drugs to boost his fighting prowess. But since his tests had come out negative this was just airy talk. However, that clean slate was not so clean anymore.
“Wanderlei has operated his entire career under the shadow of suspicion that he was using performance-enhancing drugs. However, he has never failed a drug test, so we don’t speculate on those types of things,” Sonnen said. ”That clean record came to a screeching halt on Saturday night. Not only did he fail his test, he refused to take the test. And as you know, a refusal is equal in the eyes of the commission to a failure.”
Last week in Las Vegas he not only failed a test but simply didn’t allow the test to be carried out. This is a breach of responsibility and constitutes failure in the eyes of the world.
According to Sonnen, Silva literally scurried away the moment they came after him in the gym for the test. He said that although he had not had a word with the governing body in Nevada, he was sure they would make his license invalid from now onwards.
“He ran from the test … and I don’t mean that figuratively; I mean they came to his gym and he literally ran. He goes out of sight where they come after him, saying his name. I have not spoke to the athletic commission in Nevada, so here I am, going to speculate that they will revoke his license and perhaps his career with the UFC will be done,” siad Chael Sonnen.
As far as Sonnen was concerned, Silva ought to accept defeat and pack his bags for good. There was simply no place for him on the UFC platform anymore. Silva was approached for any rejoinders he wanted to give regarding this attack by Sonnen.
But no answers came from his direction. Silva had not handed in an application for fighting Belfort. Belfort is currently the #1 fighter of UFC in the middleweight category. So Sonnen is to go ahead and fight Belfort in the next faceoff.
The winner of this match will then go on to fight the winner of the July 5th match between Weidman and Machida. It’s a fight to the finish and although Silva isn’t part of it, Sonnen is in it for better or for worse.
Source: MMA Weekly