Using methods off the top of your head may only damage your gadgets so it is always best to know proper cleaning methods for specific technology.
How to clean a keyboard:
- Turn it upside down – this is the broadest and simplest way to do it. Whether it is a PC keyboard or a laptop, turn it over and give the back a few gentle taps and watch all those undesirables fall out.
- Wiping – using a dry or damp cloth you can wipe the surface of your keyboard. Make sure that a cloth is just damp and not dripping or soaking wet. If using any liquid cleaning substances, make sure you place them on the cloth rather than directly on the keyboard.
- Cyberclean – this is a cost effective and reusable product that is great in getting the job done and is good fun too. Cyberclean is like silicone putty that you spread over your keyboard. When peeled off, it takes all the dirt with it.
How to clean a mouse:
- Cloth – using a cloth with sprayed on cleaning liquid such as an antibacterial or alcohol can be used in cleaning your mouse. But like the keyboard cleaning method, make sure that liquids are sprayed onto a cloth and not directly onto the mouse.
- Cotton bud – in cleaning the infra-red sensor on your mouse which is usually dented inwards, you can use a cotton bud only very slightly damp as to not risk damaging your sensor.
How to Clean a Screen:
- Screen cleaning wipes – there are special wipes available that have been made specifically for computer, laptop, and phone screens. Wipe off every inch of your screen and it will dry in a few seconds.
- Cloth – you can use a damp cloth in cleaning your screen but you will need to keep in mind the way you angle your device while wiping it off as drips may go towards the bottom and can cause trouble for laptops. In smartphones and tablets, liquid drops from a wet cloth could also go through your home button.
Extra Smartphone and Tablet Cleaning Tips:
- Micro fiber cloth – using strong gents for your sensitive touch screen may cause harm to it in the long run. Make sure you use a micro fiber cloth to remove excess dirt and grease from your screen.
- Brush – a dry brush can be used for other ports on your phone. Do not dampen the brush.
In order to ensure that your device lasts for as long as it is meant to, it is important to keep up to date with tis maintenance by cleaning it properly as to not affect its functions.