Peaches Geldof is reported to have engaged in heroin abuse that far surpassed her mother’s. In fact, she died from a dose that was 10 times the amount that killed Paula Yates.
Peaches Geldof died awhile back and now the coroner’s report is in. The cause of death was an overdose of heroin and it was 10 times the level from which her mother Paula Yates died.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Peaches Geldof had 3mg per litre of heroin in her blood when she died. Her mother Paula Yates had only 0.3mg when she died.
Various paraphernalia including hypodermic syringes around 80, scorched utensils and caches of heroin were found scattered around dead Peaches among the drug-related objects. Almost £550 drugs were found in the house.
And it looks that 25-year-old TV presenter, model and journalist used to hid heroine in a sweet box as a used syringe was found in a sweet box next to her dead body.
When her husband Thomas Cohen, a 23-year-old musician, returned home he found her dead from having injected too much heroin and her baby had been left unattended for 17 hours.
She had marks on her body where she had jabbed herself with the syringes and a tourniquet made from tights was close by too.
However, the really surprising fact that came to light was that the model and journalist had been trying to leave her drug habit behind her.
She was clean for a period of nearly half a year before the shocking overdose and subsequent death.
Her husband spoke of how she hid heroin in their expensive residence. And from the looks of it, it was imported quality heroin. 6.91g of this heroin had a purity of 61% that exceeds 26% found at street level.
He had been away for the weekend and was to return shortly after picking up their two small kids. Her baby son, Phaedra was with her though.
Thomas Cohen had to do his music rehearsals on the weekend of her death. So he had dropped off their two sons, 2-year-old Astala and 1-year-old Phaedra with his parents in south-east London while Peaches was left behind in their £1million home in Wroxham, Kent.
However, Cohen’s father Keith returned Phaedra to Peaches on Saturday afternoon. And Peaches Geldof stayed in her home that evening.
Just few hours before her death on Sunday night, Peaches Geldof posted a pic of herself and her mom Paula Yates on a social website Instagram with caption: ‘Me and my mum.’
Geldof was 11-year-old when her mother died of heroin overdose at the age of 41. She even sent text messages to several friends telling them she was cleaning up her little infant Phaedra.
She spoke to her friend on the phone at 8pm. But she did not answer a phone call at 10pm.
But then there was no more contact between her and anybody else and it is thought that it was during this brief interregnum that she overdosed on heroin and died a tragic death.
Although she may have been acting irrationally, the cause of death was ruled to be drug overdose and not suicide.
On Monday, her husband returned home with their 2-year-old Astala and his mother Sue at 1.30pm. They found her dead on guest room's bed, covered in needle puncture marks. Later on, her father, Bob Geldof, identified her body.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, who led the investigation, told the inquest: ‘There is no indication that Peaches intended to take her own life or harm herself in any way as she was reported to be of happy disposition and planning for the future with friends and family.’
Bob Geldof was really despondent at her death. He had lost a wife before and now he had lost a daughter to heroin. Peaches Geldof had developed a tolerance to heroin and though she tried to wean herself off the hard drug, it proved to be a losing battle in the end.
In a report, forensic scientist Emma Harris said, ‘Persons taking heroin on a regular basis develop a tolerance to the drug, and such individuals can use doses that would be toxic, or fatal, to people with no tolerance.’
‘However, tolerance to heroin and other opiate drugs appears to be lost fairly rapidly when users cease to use the drug, and deaths commonly occur in people who have previously been tolerant and have returned to using heroin.’
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Source: Daily Mail