Menu
Adrianne Palicki First Look as Mockingbird in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Adrianne Palicki stuns as Mockingbird in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

First Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Released

First Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Released

Win $5,000 in the Big I4U News Black Friday 2014 Giveaway

Win $5,000 in the Big I4U News Black Friday 2014 Giveaway

Olivia Munn wears Feathers and a Special Ring

Olivia Munn wears Feathers and a Special Ring

New Zealand Airlines Releases Hobbit Inspired Most Epic Safety Video

New Zealand Airlines Releases Hobbit Inspired Most Epic Safety Video

Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire under the pillow of a 13 year-old girl

Jul 27 2014, 2:26pm CDT | by , in News | Mobile Phones

Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire under the pillow of a 13 year-old girl
Photo Credits: Youtube
 
 

Samsung agrees to give new phone and replace damaged materials

Ever thought why we are discouraged to put our phones under our pillows or close to our heads while we fall asleep? Well, if you hadn’t, then now might be the time to think about it as your worst nightmare is at the brink of coming true. A 13 year old girl from Texas slept with her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow and later in the night was woken up by a foul smell. It felt like something was burning and it was soon that she realized the smell was coming from under her pillow from her Samsung smartphone.

Considering it nothing at first, Ariel Tolfree went back to sleep but it wasn’t before things got out of hand that she woke up again as the smell became impossible to ignore. She opened her eyes to discover that her cellphone was being burnt beyond recognition. According to the family of the girl, the battery replacement was the main source of fire and it hasn’t been confirmed whether this replacement was an authorized one or not. If we remember the incidents related to Apple iPhone and Apple iPad users from last year, there were reports of shocks being sent from the devices and again the cause was apparently the unauthorized third party battery chargers.

Though there is not enough evidence to determine who exactly is at fault, Samsung has said that it would give Ariel a brand new phone which would most likely be the Galaxy S5. They have also agreed to replace the singed bedding, pillow and other damaged materials. However, we cant entirely blame the smartphone company for this incident since they do warn users about putting phones under their pillows.

"Covering the device with bedding, your body, thick clothing or any other materials that significantly affect air flow may affect the performance of the phone and poses a possible risk of fire or explosion, which could lead to serious bodily injuries or damage to property."-Samsung warning that comes with phone.

source: youtube

 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus