Don't Miss: Amazon 12 Days of Deals Sale
Gallery: See all Photos
A brand new role-playing game (RPG), Master of Craft (MoC) is fully rendered in 3D. Avid fans and lovers of RPGs enjoy its unique economy where they are allowed to craft and produce their own armors and weapons. Moreover, players can also operate their market and experience to be a merchant and run their own town. The objective of the game is to build a large empire of buildings and focuses solely on crafting armors and weapons.
- Its recent update was in July 3, 2014 and the current version is 1.0.03
- The game is now available not only for iOS users but also for Android users
- The game is free to download but it offers in-app purchases. It also requires access to the device’s app history, media files, and ID and call information
- Players can build, make, and sell magical weapons, armors and other items.
- The game has a clean and beautiful 3D graphics which give it a detailed look of the heroes and the whole town
- Players can set their market prices like a typical merchant. They can sell more items based on their desired price
At the onset of the game, a young novice blacksmith is starting to learn how to make a weapon as well as the build-and-sell trade. He begins with a basic sawmill and a weapon workshop. The mills produced twigs, the main ingredients in making basic swords, which can be sold into a small price. Players can determine the prices for their crafted items.
After passing the tutorial stages, players are able to create more weapons and craft more armors and sell them. As the blacksmith continues to earn, he can soon open a steel mill which produces ore. Metals can be mixed with wood to come up with a better and sturdier sword that can be sold for a higher price. Soon, the young blacksmith can create monster-slicers and be able to fight monsters.
However, metals and woods are not the only ingredients to make great weapons especially for magical enemies. Thus, from time-to-time, he needs to visit the adventure’s guild. He will then send heroes to steal advanced materials and items from monsters. Each battle is automatic and the players do not directly fight the monsters. They can intercede through skills application. Players should uncover items that are rare to find in order for the adventure to go further and reach severe quests. They can quest repeatedly and build weapons that are top-tier for guild members.
Whilst the combats are automated, players still need to hit spells at the right time that offers a nice balance for players that are not really into SNRPGs. Furthermore, Master of Craft’s best feature is that its fast-paced compared to other SNRPGs. A quest such as the action-based dungeon is gratifying thus, helps in breaking the usual social sim’s time-gated grind. It is also possible to buy a way through the game quickly with the in-app purchases. As you produce more resources and obtain more equipment, you will also generate experience that will level you up. Gems are also awarded automatically to the town that continuously grows bigger.
- The game allows the players to create and craft special gears and weapons from scratch.
- Players can enjoy the game with their friends. They can cooperate, sell, and trade with their Facebook friends. They can also aid each other in crafting and battling and in developing their towns by sending requests for the materials they needed.
- You can also play with strangers who have a Facebook account as the game is integrated with the huge K! Games Community.
- Do not worry over difficult controls as Master of Craft requires intuitive, straightforward control and simple taps whether you are into battle or as you craft your ultimate weapon and gear. Only the gold and skills needed active taps during battles, allowing the player to focus more on the production and selling part of the game.
- Players need to be strategic and focus as they have to pay close attention to their current supply and latest demands in their market so they can get the best deal.
- So far, most of the players didn’t experience lags as they play through
- It has simple interface allowing users to easily navigate using their mobile devices.
- The animations, movements and graphics are well-designed
- The capital city in the game has finite ability to defend its own.
- Players can only rely on Facebook as their only means of connection with friends.
- The game can only be played online.
- It takes hours or even a day for a specific item to be upgraded and to unlock higher levels.
- Players have to purchase gems if they want to speed up the game or buy advanced weapons and skip grinding.
- Audio is repetitive and without a lot of character
- There are only three types of heroes: the archer, warrior and mage.
If you are looking for a new SNRPG expecting for a fine experience, Master of Craft is highly recommended for you. The game can keep you excited for days because of its different quests, thus keeping the players entertained and engaged in the game. This is a unique SNRPG as it focuses on crafting and creating weapons and armors instead of taking charge to protect the whole city and developing other several areas. Watch as your simple town grows into a bustling city.
Download links: Apple iTunes, Google Play
Triszia Marie Santos
Triszia Marie Santos is navigating the mobile device space for you. She is an early adopter in all things mobile and loves to write about the latest mobile trends.