Sketchbook Pro, as the name suggests, is a professional-grade design and illustration app. The app is appraised to be one of the best mobile apps for design, sketching, painting and illustration. This app is predominantly used by on-the-go artists, designers and illustrators. This app is also used by teens who are interested in arts and by children to practice drawing and painting in a way that is much more interactive than regular painting book activities. So on the whole, SketchBook Pro is a very productive mobile application that targets a heterogeneous audience.
- Users can utilize mobile devices to work on their design, illustration, and graphic editing projects on the go.
- Professional-level illustration and design work can be executed without the hassle of carrying a laptop or other devices.
- The app comes loaded with well above 100 preset brushes
- The app also introduces new tools like the smudge brush and French curve tool
- The app allows users to create new layers and work on them, which secures the work’s quality
- The latency time is impressively reduced, and the lines and strokes appear quickly without hassle
The app can be purchased for USD 4.99 via iTunes or Play Store for iOS and Android devices respectively. The downloadable file occupies 11 MB for Android and 33.8 MB for iOS devices. Setting up the app on your device is a very easy process and takes very little time.
- Ease of use and customizability
- The ability to take screenshots and gallery images to work on.
- A huge library of features and presets to work with
- Pen Only Mode to avoid accidental strokes
- The ability to share your work to the deviantART network
- GUI customization and multi-touch support
- Limited number of layers to work on
- Lack of level adjustment tools like contrast, brightness, saturation, etc
- App’s performance may vary from device to device, usually hindered performance on low end devices.
All in all, the SketchBook Pro application is a very productive application that is one of its kinds and provides users with more bang for the buck. Also, use of the application is not only limited to professional artists. Although a few drawbacks exist but the abundance of features and presets make it the best sketching and design app for the iOS and Android devices.
Download links: Apple iTunes, Google Play
Triszia Marie Santos
Triszia Marie Santos is navigating the mobile device space for you. She is an early adopter in all things mobile and loves to write about the latest mobile trends.