The Miss Universe title for 2015 went to Paulina Vega who hails from Columbia.
The Miss Universe 2015 contest got held and the crown went to Paulina Vega who is a beauty from Columbia. Coming from Barranquilla, this gorgeous hunk of feminine pulchritude has sass and sensuality galore.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Born in 1993, the young and free lady is totally at ease with herself and displays a calm demeanor of laid-back placidity. She is the offspring of a heart doctor and housewife and granddaughter of a very famous tenor.
Paulina Vega has been modeling since she was barely a prepubescent and has studied business administration. Belonging to a large extended family, Paulina Vega is bilingual and speaks both English and French.
Paulina Vega likes to spend her leisure time with her friends and family members and goes for long walks in the park with her pet dog. As for the opinions of some people, they thought that the crown and title ought to have gone to Miss Jamaica instead.
Whatever the controversies may be, ultimately it is reality that we ought to remain within. The accolades go to Miss Columbia alone and it would be best for all those concerned to accept this fact as final.
The live show of the Miss Universe contest took place in Miami, Florida on Sunday night. It was an ecstatic event alright and caught the media’s attention to boot.
And this year, Miss Universe 2015 wears the all new crown that has 33 translucent and colorless Bohemian crystals, 5 large light blue topaz stones weighing 18.6 karats, 198 dark blue sapphire stones weighing 29.7 karats and 311 small polished diamonds weighing 10.37 karats.
Miss Universe 2015 crown base consists of 18-karat white gold strip that is 2 cm tall, 0.5 mm thick weighing 220 grams while its case is being made from the highest quality Italian leather.
And the craftsmen spent over 3,000 hours to design and create the new crown of Miss Universe. The total weight of Miss Universe crown is 411 grams and its estimated value is $300,000.
Miss Universe 2015 show was hosted by Natalie Morales (the news anchor of NBC's "TODAY" show) and Thomas Roberts (MSNBC's "Way Too Early" host). Jeannie Mai is the Veteran Miss Universe commentator. Nick Jonas, Gavin DeGraw and the great Prince Royce were the Miss Universe 2015 event's musical performers.
The judges who sealed the fate of this year's Miss Universe 2015 winner included:
- Kristin Cavallari, TV host and shoe designer for Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry
- Rob Dyrdek, Dynamic serial entrepreneur and star of MTV's Ridiculousness and Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
- Emilio Estefan, 19-time Grammy Award winning musician and producer
- Nina Garcia, Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine, Lifetime's hit show "Project Runway" judge, and fashion industry expert
- DeSean Jackson, Washington Redskins wide receiver and return specialist; three-time Pro Bowler
- William Levy, TV and film actor who was previously named People En Espanol's Sexiest Man Alive
- Manny Pacquiao, Fighter of the Decade, eight-division world champion and Filipino Congressman
- Louise Roe, Fashion journalist, author, host of "Plain Jane" on MTV International and the upcoming TLC fashion series, "Style By Jury"
- Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins celebrated right fielder, two-time major league baseball All-star and recipient of the biggest contract in sports history and
- Lisa Vanderpump, Star of hit show "Vanderpump Rules" and "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."
Among the runners-up alongside Paulina Vega were Miss USA and Miss Ukraine (Nia Sanchez and Diana Harkusha respectively). As for Paulina, she will not re-participate anytime soon in the future since she wants to go back to completing her education after winning this year.
Miss Universe Paulina Vega was very excited about being chosen as the winner though and has said that it is indeed a surprise and that she feels proud to represent her gender in its capacity of being beautiful and intelligent.
Some 88 nations sent representatives to the contest. After some lengthy and difficult short listing, the choices were narrowed down to 15 and from these Paulina was the chosen one.
Among the bonding experiences that the various beauties took part in may be including some radical dance moves and golf. It was a hard time for Nia Sanchez who had lost a second time in a row. In 2014 she had been given the curve by Miss Venezuela. But, that is the way the cookie crumbles and you win some and you lose some.
See some interesting tweets about Miss Universe 2015 event are:
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here