Shop from your wrist is now possible with the new Amazon Apple Watch App.
Amazon announced the inevitable Amazon Apple Watch App. Amazon customers with an Apple Watch can tap the Amazon shopping app on the watch to purchase items in seconds, or save an idea for later.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
The Amazon shopping app will be available on Apple Watch in Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, U.S. and U.K. Designed for the on-the-go customer, the shopping app offers a tailored Amazon experience, offering voice search and quick tap features including 1-Click purchase and save to Wish List.
“This is still day-one for wearable devices. And we are excited to offer new ways for our customers to get quick glimpses of information they need from Amazon through Apple Watch,” said Paul Cousineau, Director of Mobile Shopping. “There are times when it might not be convenient to get your phone out of your pocket. So we worked to distill the best parts of the Amazon shopping experience into fast and simple access points from your wrist. Customers can use voice search, 1-Click purchasing, and find all of the key pieces of product information they need. We can’t wait to see how our customers respond.”
Amazon app for Apple Watch Features:
1) Search the Amazon Catalog: The Amazon shopping app allows customers with an Apple Watch to search the Amazon catalog and find glance-able product information such as product name, price, shipping information, product images and star ratings.
2) 1-Click Purchase: With the 1-Click purchase feature on millions of eligible items, customers can conveniently go from search to purchase in seconds, making it even easier to order familiar items.
3) Add to Wish List: Customers can quickly and easily add any item to their Wish List.
4) Save a Shopping Idea: Simply say it and save it. It’s that easy to make a note and save it for later.
5) Get More Information from iPhone: If Amazon customers want additional search results or more product information while shopping, they can simply use Handoff and open the search or product detail page in the Amazon shopping app on their iPhone.
The Amazon shopping app for Apple Watch is a companion to the Amazon mobile shopping app for iPhone. Customers can update to the latest version of the Amazon app on iPhone and the Amazon icon will automatically be available on their Apple Watch.
The Apple Watch arrives today for the first customers in select markets.
TheApple Watch introduces a new design and iOS-based user interface created specifically for a smaller device. Apple Watch features the Digital Crown, a new way to scroll, zoom and navigate fluidly, without obstructing the display. The Digital Crown also serves as the Home button and a quick way to access Siri. The Retina display on Apple Watch features Force Touch, a technology that senses the difference between a tap and a press, providing a new way to access controls within Apple Watch apps.
The Apple Watch introduces the Taptic Engine and a built-in speaker that together discreetly enable an entirely new vocabulary of alerts and notifications you can both hear and feel. Apple custom-designed its own S1 SiP (System in Package) to miniaturize an entire computer architecture onto a single chip. Apple Watch also features Wi-Fi 802.11b/g and Bluetooth 4.0 to pair seamlessly with your iPhone. Besides the smart watch features the Apple Watch keeps time to within 50 milliseconds of UTC, the universal time standard when synching regularly with the iPhone.
The Apple Watch starts at $349 for the small case (38mm) Sport Edition. The Apple Watch Pre-order started on April 10 in 9 countries (Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the UK and the US) and the Apple Watch ships on April 24.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Read the latest Apple Watch and Apple News.