Bill Cosby Breaks His Silence About His Alleged Sexual Assaults

Posted: May 15 2015, 10:31am CDT | by , in News | Latest Celebrity News


Bill Cosby Breaks his Silence About his Alleged Sexual Assaults
Getty Images

Bill Cosby gave Good Morning America a brief interview regarding his attendance at the Black Belt Community Foundation in which his scandal become a concerned topic of discussion.

Bill Cosby having been alleged to drugging and raping numerous women over his long career, has kept his lips closed over the scandal. His wife spoke out for him and his lawyers have been speaking at his behalf, claiming his innocence.

Good Morning America finally succeeded in a getting a sit down with the 77 years old comedian. The show has been advertising the whole week for the segment but it turned out to be very short and completely off topic as Bill talked about his invitation to talk at the Black Belt Community Foundation event at Selma. ABC’s Linsey Davis met Cosby in Alabama where he would be talking to high school students about the underfunded school in Selma.

Davis asked Cosby whether he was afraid that a student might contest his eligibility to even speak at a public forum. If a student came up to him and said that you have done something wrong and that he should not be speaking. Coby said that he doubted that anyone would make such direct allegations.

Instead there will be accusations maybe. They will call him names and doubt him. For all those times, he said that his goal would be to highlight the cause he’s there for rather than him. He will be showing them the road that they could take instead of seeing that it was him showing them the road.

Davis further asked if his allegation would overshadow the cause. He said that he had been performing for 52 years and he had never seen anything like it. He said that he can’t really talk about anything on air. For those concerned for his legacy should know that he still wants to do a lot of work highlighting people’s love for each other. 

The foundation’s president Felicia Lucky had confided in him that she had to double think inviting him but decided against it and said that what mattered the most was the cause. Cosby will be marching on the Edmund Pettus Bridge along with the students like the Selma protesters marched for their right to vote.

ABC is the first network to have  scored an interview with Cosby since he has been accused of sexual assaults on numerous women and await trials on two cases.

You May Like


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/20" rel="author">Sumayah Aamir</a>
Sumayah Aamir (Google+) has deep experience in analyzing the latest trends.




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

Read the Latest from I4U News