Superior Court Judge, Ronald delayed Suge Knight’s hearing regarding the robbery case until Friday.
Former American record producer and music executive, Marion Hugh "Suge" Knight Jr. refused to attend the court hearing which was originally scheduled to take place on Wednesday, 27th May, in downtown Los Angeles. He claimed to be very sick and did not show up.
Judge Ronald Coen was furious upon learning about this behavior of Suge Knight. He told the LATimes sources that no one refuses to come to my hearing in court.
At first his decision was to have Suge removed forcibly from his jail cell at downtown Los Angeles and brought to the hearing but then he underwent a change of heart, claimed the sources. He postponed the hearing until Friday, May 29th. Now his hearing of the robbery case clashes with his hearing of a murder case.
A warning was given to Suge Knight by the judge though. If he fails to show up for the next hearing, claiming to be sick again, Judge Ronald will use coercive measures and have him physically removed from his jail cell and brought to court, said the court officials.
In Beverly Hills, sometime in September last year, along with his comedian friend Katt Williams, Suge Knight was accused of stealing a photographer’s camera. The victim also happened to be a celebrity.
Suge Knight’s partner in crime, Katt Williams, didn’t show up to the court on Wednesday’s hearing either, according to Aceshowbiz.
Suge Knight dismissed his current lawyer in the case of the robbery and he hasn’t yet hired a new lawyer. Judge Ronald said that he himself would hire one, if Knight did not get the required task accomplished by Friday’s hearing.
Earlier this year, at a Compton restaurant’s parking space in Los Angeles, Knight ran his pickup truck over two men, unintentionally, for which he is being held on a bail of $10 million. He has been charged with murder and attempted murder. One of the two men (Terry Carter) died and the other one (Cle "Bone" Sloan) was seriously injured.
Suge Knight has refused to attend court hearing more than once before, so this is not his first time. Knight was shot multiple times at a West Hollywood Club last year, after which he complained many times about stomach issues. Soon after he was charged with murder, he started complaining all over again about the stomach issues.
During two of his appearances in court, he collapsed and fell down, after which he was taken to a hospital and given treatment. One of his medical problems was a stomach related issue and the other one remained unspecified.
After his bail in the murder case he again collapsed, which Deputy Dist. Atty. Cynthia J. Barnes claimed to be an act for the cameras. He was released on bail for $25 million in the murder and attempted murder case. And as for the hearing of 8th April, he was brought to the courtroom on a wheelchair.
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
Suge Knight was ordered to stand trial on April 16th, following which he was taken to the hospital again, concerning another medical emergency situation.