Chris Brown Not Allowed To Leave Philippines

Posted: Jul 22 2015, 9:22pm CDT | by , Updated: Jul 22 2015, 9:26pm CDT, in News | Latest Celebrity News


Chris Brown Not Allowed to Leave Philippines
Photo Credit: Getty Images

The Grammy Award-winning singer and his promoter are being held by foreign government over a contract dispute

Chris Brown was barred from leaving Philippines on Wednesday as he was heading to Hong Kong for a concert.

According to South China Morning Post, the Grammy Award-winning singer is being held by foreign country’s government in relation to a contract dispute. Chris Brown reportedly was scheduled to perform a concert last year’s New Year eve in Philippine Arena in Bulacan, north of Manila but according to promoters of that concert the singer never showed up. 

When Chris Brown came back to Philippine for a performance on July 21, the promoters granted an order to keep the 25-year old singer in the country so they can get the money back which they claim he owes to them. The letter which was sent to Department of Justice from the local promoters, accusing Chris Brown of fraud, reads.

“We appreciate any assistance you can provide to us… (against) producers and talents who employ such fraudulent schemes to obtain money from legitimate businesses in the country.”

The Philippine Department of Justice issued orders on Tuesday night to prevent both Chris Brown and his promoter John Michael Pio Roda from leaving the country. 

If Chris Brown wants to depart from Philippine, he is required to obtain a government clearance, stating all the matters are resolved and he has no legal obligations in the country, Bureau of Immigration spokesperson Elaine Tan said.

“If the concerned agency raises no objection to the departure, then we will allow the subject to leave,” said Tan.

Department of Justice is also trying to determine whether criminal charges should be filed against Chris Brown and his promoter or not

There is no word on Chris Brown’s July 22 Dragon I in Hong Kong. His next show which was due in Jakarta on July 25 has been called off. New dates of the concert will be announced later.

You May Like


The Author

Hira Bashir covers daily affairs around the world.




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Also Like


Read the Latest from I4U News