People make a lot of purchase expenses that deplete their savings in December, but if you’re looking to recoup some cash while still buying what you want in January, FatWallet has some shopping tips to help you save money while still getting what you need for the new year.
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
According to Brent Shelton, online shopping guru for FatWallet, "January is great time to find savings on items that people will need to start the year off on a good note. Many items from new bed and bath textiles, to health and wellness products see heavy discounting to help people save money out of the gate."
To get the best shopping deals and still save big in January, here are the shopping tips to bear in mind:
1. White sales: It is true you obtain quality holiday deals here and there, but this is nothing compared to the January White Sales where you could save up to 50% off quality household items such as textiles, towels, sheets, household treatment and other items that give you back some cash after making purchases.
2. Tax software: If you want to obtain the best and cheapest deals on your tax software, then you must check out H&R Block and Turbotax among others for quality tax software designed for online and desktop purposes. You stand to enjoy up to 50% off the price if you buy early enough in January, and members of FatWallet will also get back 10% cash back savings.
3. TV deals: If you’re looking forward to the Super Bowl and desire to have some top-end HDTV products as showcased at the annual Consumer Electronics Show, then you can wait till mid-January to buy some 40” inch TV and obtain up to $200 savings, while 4k and 1080p TVs will simply keep you smiling back home in terms of abundant savings from your purchases.
4. Fitness deals: If you visit Sears, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Wal-Mart for fitness equipment, workout gear, and sportswear among others, then you can save up to 25-50% from your purchases – if you buy in January. And do not forget that this is also the time to buy your health vitamins, supplements, and dietary foods for the month because of the tantalizing savings.
5. Winter and outdoor apparels: Shopping for your winter sports gear and outdoor apparels in January gives you the opportunity to save big – since warm weather has made the sales of these things to decline and retailers want to get them off their stocks as quickly as possible. You could shave off up to 60% from North Face, Under Armour, and Timberland among others when you purchase in January.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
FatWallet makes it possible for smart shoppers to redeem online coupons and enjoy cash back when they use its service, and this January period might be the best time to start with them if you’ve not already.