Here is the ultimate guide to your iOS 10 problems.
Fear not. Help is here. iOS 10 update is out and as usual it is accompanied by certain problems .Here are some tricks and tips to take care of common iOS 10 problems.
Don't Miss: Today's Electronics Bargains at Woot.com
- How To Fix iOS 10 Installation Problems
Many iOS 10 users have reported some glitches and technical faults in the new update. One of the most common problems has been the installation. Users have stated that the installation process gets frozen. It can be depicted that this issue might persist to exist throughout the iOS 10 update’s lifespan.
Though where there is a will there is a way. This problem can be avoided and there is a way to jumpstart the installation process on your Apple product. When the installation of the iOS appears to be frozen or stuck, press down the home button and the power button simultaneously to perform a reset.
The device is bound to power down automatically within 10 seconds. It will soon then turn itself back on and you should be able to make it through to the iOS 10.
- iOS 10 Battery Drain
Poor iOS 10 battery life has been experienced and here are few things you can do to get better results.
1. Turn off the Background App refresh. Go to general and from there to background app refresh. You will see apps that you do not usually use. They are just draining your battery
2. Turn off things like the Fitness Tracking and other non-essential apps present in Settings>Privacy > Motion & Fitness. Apps such as Trip Advisor and Waze just drain battery life.
3. When you are at home make sure that you are not connected to cellular instead of Wi-Fi. Turn off and on the Wi-Fi at appropriate times. When out, disable your iPhone from continuously looking for open Wi-Fi networks when there are not any that it can join.
4. Display brightness has a massive effect on the battery life. Keep your display brightness in check and stop lighting up your iPhone every 3 minutes.
5. Detect the Apps that are draining your battery life heavily. Go to settings, then battery and check who are the main culprits.
- How To Fix Touch ID Problems
The Touch ID is causing problems for the iOS 10 users. There are issues with the Touch ID in the App Store and the fingerprints not being detected. The first thing to do when your Touch ID suddenly stops working with iOS 10 is to delete your finger prints. Importantly make certain that the Touch ID is free from sweat and dirt and that oil is removed from your hands.
A nice clean print is needed. After that go to settings > Touch ID & Passcode and put in your passcode. Turn off iTunes & App Store, and then reboot your device. Go back to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn on iTunes & App Store. Removal and the rescanning of your fingerprint might be required. To carry this out go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and scroll down to the list of fingerprints.
Tap on the fingerprint you want to delete, then choose 'Delete' and restart your device. Once your device restarts, go back into settings and add your fingerprint. Touch ID is bound to work after. If the Touch ID does not work at all, you can reset the device by pressing down the home button and the power button simultaneously for 10 seconds or until your phone is restarted. If such a quick fix does not work, you can try a factory reset.
- Your iPhone Loses Cellular Network And Can't Reconnect
After the iOS 10 update another issue has been reported. When iPhone loses its signal, afterwards even if you are moving into an area where you know that you will receive a signal. Your device still cannot reconnect to a signal. If you restart your phone you may be reconnected to the signal. This is not a long term fix as when you will lose the signal again, your device might be unable to reconnect to the signal.
You can also switch to Airplane mode and then switch back to reconnect. A number of mobile networks are suggesting the reinstallation of iOS 10, this time updating it by plugging your device into your Mac or PC and using iTunes.
- How To Fix iOS 10 iMessages Problems
If messages start causing trouble, we recommend shutting it off for a while and then switching it back on. Go into Settings > Messages > Toggle iMessage off then back on. If you are still having issues with receiving or sending messages from your Apple device, try restarting it. If that fails, go to your settings and reset the network settings.
Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. Keep your Wi-Fi passwords in mind because this will cause the device to forget them.
- iPhone Stops Vibrating After Updating To iOS 10
Many users have reported that their devices no longer vibrate when a message is received after the iOS update. In order to fix this try to restart your iPhone by holding down the sleep button and the Home button for about 10 seconds.
- Cannot Delete Apps In iOS 10
There is another common problem with this update. Many users are having problems with deleting apps from their iPad or iPhone after they carried out this new update. The users have complained then when they try to delete and app all they see is a message saying ‘Waiting”, and there is no X icon, used to delete the app visible. In order to solve this issue, perform a hard reset of your iOS 10 device. This can be carried out by holding and pressing the power button and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until and unless the Apple logo is witnessed.
If this effort fails, do make certain that no other app is being installed in the background while you are trying to remove other apps. To do this, open the App store and then select Updates> Purchased. Check if any of the apps have “’Installing”’ beside them. If that is the case, switch your mobile to airplane mode, then select the app to stop them. After doing so, switch back from the airplane mode and download the apps one by one. All the settings can also be reset. To do this open up the settings app and choose “’General”. Scroll down and choose “Reset” then “Reset All settings”.
- Third party keyboard don't work in iOS 10
Many iOS users have reported that when they use a third party keyboard, such as Swype or Bitmoji, it does not work. Many of the developers that are behind these keyboards are well informed of this problem and they have launched updates which are compatible to the iOS 10 in order to combat this issue. Hence the first thing that should be done is to check the App store to see if there is an update present for the keyboard.
If there is not such an update present, the keyboard should be disabled. This can be done by going to the settings>general> keyboard and Edit should be selected. After that, the minus button should be selected, or swiped left, on the keyboard that is to be removed.
- Bluetooth Issues
Here are some ways to tackle Bluetooth issues.
You can simply disable and then re enable Bluetooth. This can be done by going to the Control Centre or even on the settlings icon app on your home screen. Sometimes simply doing this can make things good.
Re pair with your Bluetooth Device
You can forget your Bluetooth device and try to repair again. Just head down to Settings then Bluetooth. You will see an ‘i’ on the very right of the connection in distress. Tap on this selection and ‘Forget this Device’. A re-pair works most of the time
Reboot your iPhone
We all have sought to the old fashion reboot once in a while and there is no harm in following this old fashion process. The process is easy but is different for specific models of iPhone. You can find yourself confused with Apple network settings as they change in every iOS update. Just reset them.
Install iOS 10 Again
Sometime a clean install of iOS 10 does the job for you. Give it a shot by installing the latest available version of iOS 10.
You can Book a Genius Bar Appointment
If you find everything failing than it might be just the right time to book a genius bar appointment. This may not be the ideal situation but it’s better than having a phone which does not support Bluetooth.
- iOS 10 Safari Glitch
Since the release of iOS 10, complaints regarding the poor performance of the Safari Browser have been flowing in rapidly. Apparently the recent updates have not been able to tackle the problem. In fact some people have reported that pages load very slowly or even don’t load at all.
It is also rumored that a delayed response is observed when links and keyboard do not open. This problem can be linked up with the Wi-Fi and slow performance but this issue can be solved by simply scrolling, reloading the page you are on and reloading the app for that matter.
Below are some workarounds
- You may go to Settings. Click on Safari then clear History and website data. This may improve the problem slightly but there is no guarantee he issues will not return.
- You may also switch off iCloud and toggling safari in the Settings icon
- Simply go for another browser such as Google chrome or even Puffin Another Potential Solution is available too.
There isn’t a guarantee that it will work for sure but with the problems you’re suffering its worth a shot. Just try a factory reset. If you do opt for this option then avoid restoring a backup and set up your device as it was brand new.
- iOS 10 syncing music Glitch
One Problem users face is that syncing music takes very long or doesn’t sync at all. This issue has been faced by many after the installation of the iOS 10 update.
In this scenario they restored the device and the syncing is a very long process. It can actually consumer 24 hours or more and sometimes even appears to hang on indefinitely. One workaround is that if you happen to have a lot of tracks then the artwork may actually be the culprit.
So simple delete the artwork in your library and give syncing another shot. Other potential solutions include
- Use iTunes and select whatever Apple device you have from the left column. Once you have done that look for Summary in the options section. Once there you can ‘Manually manage music and videos’. If you happen to find the option already checked just uncheck and recheck again. This actually takes much sync to work and you may also have to toggle iTunes Match off in ‘Settings’.
- You can also connect your device to your computer and use iTunes. On your device go to Settings, tap on ‘General’ then usage and finally ‘Manage’. Here you should delete all your music. In iTunes uncheck ‘Sync Music’ and check’ Sync Music box’ one more time. This should solve the problem.
Music Playlists disappear on iOS 10
When you don't see your playlists in the Music app on your iPhone, click edit next to Library and make sure Playlist is selected. Sometimes Playlists disappear and it is just a matter of checking the settings under edit to make sure Playlists are port of the items you want to display under your Library in the new iTunes music player.