The rumors have turned out to be true and a couple of hours ago Apple started offering the Mac OS X 10.6.5 update for download. The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here
Apple highlights the following improvements of 10.6.5:
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
The release notes of the Apple Mac OS X 10.6.5 do not mention anything related to the iOS 4.2 update coming most likely this Friday. A rumor that AirPrint will not work with any printer connected via a Mac has raised concern.
You can install the OS X 10.6.5 download when you hit Software Update in the Mac menu.