Amazon unveiled a new low cost Kindle eBook Reader dubbed "Kindle with Special Offers". For $114 you get a Kindle Reader that comes with advertising on the screensavers and bundled deals.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
"We're working hard to make sure that anyone who wants a Kindle can afford one," said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. "Kindle with Special Offers is the same #1 bestselling Kindle - and it's only $114. Kindle is the best deal in consumer electronics anywhere in the world."
Kindle special offers and sponsored screensavers are displayed on the Kindle screensaver and on the bottom of the home screen. So besides advertising you also get hammered with deals from Amazon. Whether or not this is worth the saving of $25 compared to the standard Wi-Fi Kindle is questionable. In my opinion the difference in price is not big enough. Amazon clearly should have targeted the $99 price point with the sponsored Kindle. I am actually pretty sure that will come soon as I predict high demand for this Kindle version at this price. The new $114 Kindle is for those who like to get informed about deals regularly and do not mind ads. Are you that type of consumer?
Examples of deals that will be delivered directly to Kindle with Special Offers devices in the initial weeks include:
- $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card
- $6 for 6 Audible Books (normally $68)
- $1 for an album in the Amazon MP3 Store (choose from over 1 million albums)
- $10 for $30 of products in the Amazon Denim Shop or Amazon Swim Shop
- Free $100 Amazon.com Gift Card when you get an Amazon Rewards Visa Card (normally $30)
- Buy one of 30 Kindle bestsellers with your Visa card and get $10 Amazon.com credit
- 50% off Roku Streaming Player (normally $99)
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
The new $114 Kindle can be pre-ordered now here. It will ship on May 3rd.