Escalation contains Five New Maps, an All-Star Cast, and an All-New Zombie Music Track from Avenged Sevenfold.
Call of Duty: Black Ops got a new content pack today dubbed Escalation. Escalation's four new multiplayer maps and Zombie experience, featuring famed director George A. Romero, Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Michael Rooker and Danny Trejo, and an original music track from Avenged Sevenfold titled "Not Ready to Die,".
The Escalation content pack's new multiplayer maps include:
- "Hotel," where players battle it out on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana
- "Convoy," which delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed U.S. military convoy
- "Zoo," which sets gamers on an eerie ride through an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo with danger at every turn
- "Stockpile," which pits players in a remote Russian farm town, housing secret WMD facilities
- "Call of the Dead," Escalation 's Zombie experience that assembles a zombie-carnage dream team to fight against a new and undefeatable zombie horde menace, all set in the dark, ice-covered isles of Siberia.
"We took the community's feedback to heart, and the result is five of the most creative and varied maps we have ever made," said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. "'Call of the Dead' is an homage to the great horror films that have inspired the team and represents a deep commitment to our Zombie fans. Being able to collaborate with such talented artists and musicians was an absolute honor and thrill for everyone involved. We think the fans are going to go crazy over it!"
"We're all huge fans of each other's work and have been talking with Mark and his team at Treyarch about creating something special," said Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows. "So when the opportunity came together to do 'Not Ready to Die,' it was a natural fit. We're stoked to be part of 'Call of the Dead'."
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation pack is available first on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1,200 Microsoft Points. As the Xbox Live network is still online, unlike some other gaming network, you can go get Escalation right now.
With 2 billion hours played and counting, Call of Duty: Black Ops consistently draws millions of gamers around the world online every day. COD: Black Ops is on sale on Amazon for only $39.99.