Pre-order of the PlayStation starts May 19.
The Sony Xperia Play aka PlayStation Phone debuted in a scary Super Bowl Ad last February. Today Verizon announced the availability of the Xperia Play. Verizon Wireless will have an exclusivity on the gaming phone for a limited time. The Xperia Play features a slide out gaming pad and reminds strongly on the Sony PSPgo. The PSPgo did fail in sales, let's see if this form factor works better for an Android Phone.
Don't Miss: Today's Electronics Bargains at Woot.com
Powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY will come pre-loaded with seven game titles including, Madden NFL 11 (EA Sports), Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior (Digital Legends), Asphalt 6: Adrenaline (Gameloft), The Sims 3 (EA), Star Battalion (Gameloft), Crash Bandicoot (Sony Playstation) and Tetris. Customers can expand their video game library with more than 50 game titles available at launch for download via V CAST Apps. Customers easily become gamers with the slide out game pad revealing a directional keypad, dual analog touch joystick, two shoulder buttons and the four iconic PlayStation symbol keys: circle, X, square and triangle.
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon II processor with Adreno 205 GPU
- Adobe Flash Player
- 4-inch multi-touch display
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
- VGA front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market
- Mobile hotspot capability- share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
The Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY will be available for pre-order online starting May 19, and in stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.