The Amazon Kindle 3G with Special offers is now on sale for only $139. In May Amazon launched the Kindle 3G with Special Offers for $164, saving $25 of the full price of the Kindle 3G. Now AT&T sponsors the Kindle 3G (they provide the free 3G network service for it) with another $25 bringing down the price of the Kindle 3G with Special Offers to $139.
"Kindle 3G is more convenient - customers never have to hunt for or pay for a Wi-Fi hotspot - they simply download and read books anytime, anywhere. Kindle 3G customers read 20 percent more books, and take advantage of twice as many special offers," said Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO, Amazon.com. "A big thank you to AT&T for helping to make the new $139 price possible."
"Kindle 3G is by far the fastest-growing connected device on the AT&T network. We consistently hear from customers how much they enjoy the freedom of not being tied to a Wi-Fi hotspot and instead being able to download and read new books anytime, anywhere on AT&T's fast, reliable network," said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "We are excited to sponsor Amazon's best Kindle - Kindle 3G with Special Offers - at the new lower price of only $139."
Kindle 3G Features:
- Free 3G wireless, no annual contracts, no monthly fees
- Global 3G coverage means books in under 60 seconds in over 100 countries and territories
- Paper-like Pearl electronic ink display, no glare even in bright sunlight
- Lightweight body for hours of comfortable reading with one hand
- Kindle Store with over 950,000 books - largest selection of the most popular books
- Seamless integration with free "Buy Once, Read Everywhere" Kindle apps for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, BlackBerry and Windows Phone
More details about the Kindle can be found on Amazon.