Delayed by Hurricane Irene, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is now officially announced for the United States.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 is now officially coming the United States on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. There is no hard release date yet for all carriers. Sprint is apparently first with the launch of the Galaxy S2 on September 16. AT&T and T-Mobile say that they will start selling the Galaxy S2 in the coming weeks. At least the Galaxy S II did not get new funky names on each carrier as was previously rumored. Only Sprint had to call their Galaxy S2 model Epic 4G Touch.
The Galaxy S2 has already sold over 5 million times around the globe. The Consumer Reports equivalent in Germany ranks the Galaxy S2 higher than the iPhone now in a recent review of smartphones.
Galaxy S2 Specs:
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)