The Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G runs on Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform and features a 4-inch 480 x 854 screen and stereo speakers. In addition, the device is pre-loaded with seven games, some of which are exclusive, at no additional cost including:
- Dungeon Defenders™ Second Wave by Trendy Entertainment
- Asphalt™ 6 Adrenaline by Gameloft
- Star Battalion by Gameloft
- Madden NFL™ 11 by Electronic Arts
- The Sims™ 3 by Electronic Arts
- Tower Bloxx™: My City by Digital Chocolate
- Crash Bandicoot® by SCEA/Naughty Dog/Universal
AT&T customers will have access to more than 150 Xperia PLAY optimized games including Minecraft Pocket Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Dead Space 2 for download and purchase through the "Get Games" recommender screen, easily accessible when you slide open the Xperia PLAY's game controller.
Verizon launched the Xperia Play already back in May.