The Panasonic Eluga, whose name stems from the phrase "elegant user-oriented gateway", weighs in at just 103g, making it one of the lightest Android smartphones in Europe. As well as being waterproof, the Eluga packs one of the largest screen ratios on the market – with a display comprising 66% of the phone’s body, thanks to its super-thin frame.
With a 7.8mm profile along the entire length of the phone, the ultra-slim D shape is designed not to ruin the line of clothes – even the ELUGA’s high quality 8MP camera lens lies flat against the phone’s chassis.
Panasonic Eluga specifications include:
• An ultra-slim D shaped design, with a slender 123x62.0x7.8mm frame.
• International standard IP57 water and dustproofing. Protected for up to a
depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes in water, and protected against dust (75 micrometers or less in diameter/no harmful deposit) if left near or in it for eight hours or less.
• A 4.3 inch, 960x540, capacitive OLED QHD screen with one of the largest display area ratio on the market.
• Swipe and Share, letting users wirelessly ‘throw’ pictures from their phone to a TV or cloud service, or stream movies from their phone to a TV. The VieraRemote app also enables the phone to be used as a remote control for other electronic devices in the home (such as a VIERA TV, DIGA Blu-ray player and recorder, home cinema system, or digital still camera).
• An 8MP autofocus camera, with 8GB of integrated memory.
The Panasonic Eluga will launch in Europe in April.
More details can be found on the Eluga product page.